The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when AT&T started having limit of DSL usage?
Got a E-mail tonight that we had exceeded our plan, 150GB(didn't know we had a plan much less how much limit it had). It said we would not be charged for excess for 2 billing cycles but anytime afterwards we exceeded 150GB would be charged $10 for each 50GB over the limit.
Seriously I thought phone and DSL were both signed up for 12 years ago was unlimited. Never got any kind of useage numbers before.
Figures I'd discovered online TV been watching it on TV instead of Dish. Been watching alot old movies and old TV series.

·
9,062 Posts
I have ATT internet, mine is fiber optic, it is limited but mine is the package just under the gaming package.
I had DSL years ago and it was just too slow and unpredictable.
I hated having to pay for a phone line just for internet.
Check into getting fiber optic, it's the best I have ever had as far as Internet goes.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ATT internet, mine is fiber optic, it is limited but mine is the package just under the gaming package.
I had DSL years ago and it was just too slow and unpredictable.
I hated having to pay for a phone line just for internet.
Check into getting fiber optic, it's the best I have ever had as far as Internet goes.
Wish we could get fiber optic!
I'd be happy if Cox would bring cable internet out here! Never thought I'd say that!!

·
Super Moderator
38,530 Posts
Anyone know when AT&T started having limit of DSL usage?
Got a E-mail tonight that we had exceeded our plan, 150GB(didn't know we had a plan much less how much limit it had). It said we would not be charged for excess for 2 billing cycles but anytime afterwards we exceeded 150GB would be charged $10 for each 50GB over the limit.
Seriously I thought phone and DSL were both signed up for 12 years ago was unlimited. Never got any kind of useage numbers before.
Figures I'd discovered online TV been watching it on TV instead of Dish. Been watching alot old movies and old TV series.
Sounds like a phone call is warranted!

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
I agree with gdmoody. There are a lot of scam emails going around. The wisdom is to never click on the link on a questionable email. Instead use alternative means to contact the company. Look their contact details on the web, or from mail they send through the post.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
We got a notice before the hurricane this week that we wouldn’t be charged for any overage on our usage during the week of the storm. Then 12 hours after the power went off we lost all of our service with u-verse. Still isn’t back on:(

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I recently unloaded from Suddenlink...a small fiber optic company moved into the area, and my internet service costs dropped dramatically! I pay just a few cents over half of suddenlink bill...at the same time, I managed to shed ATT for cell service..was paying 145 monthly for the past several years, part of that probably for the phones themselves, now my bill with Consumers is $40 and change. Those kinds of discounts can really add up! Fiber company is Vexus, new in our area, and not very wide spread here either.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It seems that anything that AT&T touches goes to hell. We had Direct TV for several years and was satisfied with the service until AT&T bought them. Our service went to hell and they kept inching the charges up every month. Dropped them them like a hot rock. Went with the local cable co got better service lower cost and phone service.

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
Any chance you have any of the documents from when you started this service? Any copies of old bills?
This is not a new development, usually with cell phone carriers. Way back early on it was not uncommon for them to offer unlimited data for cheap. They didn't imagine the devices and networks that were only a decade or so away that could use gigs and gigs of it.
Many did just what happened to you. The only way to win was to have original documents.
That only saved you in some cases though, they have good lawyers, fine print generally allowed them to change the deal. Particularly if you changed anything about your service.
Add or remove any channels? Get new boxes? Any change could have given them the right to modify your terms per your original contract.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Thank ya'll!"
Doubt we have original paperwork anymore. We cleaned out file cabinet last year. Also, AT&T modem has been replaced like 6 times over the years.
I seriously doubt we will ever have fiber internet out here. I checked that Vexus but not in our area.
There is cable company here but builder said they were useless, down more than working. Seems might be same, some in neighborhood recent years got cable with several dropping cable to going to those Smartphones with Hotspots(?) for internet.
Neighbor had install a booster(?) so their internet would work smoothly, they have AT&T.
We had DirecTV for 11 of our 12 years here til they wanted upgrade, won't minded upgrade except also would of doubled the cost with nothing new except new boxes.
We went with Dish but if I'd knew how watch internet TV on home TVs would just done that, lot better shows!
We talked it and never done it yet but may go with those Senior plan with unlimited for smartphone/hotspot. Will miss my flip phone but be nice just drop AT&T as well as Dish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts