The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, its been a while.... but I`m back...
Anyway,
I've got a chinese Mosin type 53 carbine and I was wondering if anybody has actually tried to put it into an ATI replacemet stock. I'm planning on putting a Tasco Propoint on it which should be delivered in the next week. I was also going to order a brasscatcher mount for the project, unless someone has a better option for a mount. Sort of an "assault mosin". I built an "assualt carcano" many years ago, which came out great and I will now kick myself in the head for selling it! OOOWWW! O.K. that SHOULD feel better, but I think I tore something in my leg....
But seriously, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Not sure about an :assault" stock but I put a fiberglass "monte carlo" type stock on 1 of my Moisins and it so improved the cheek weld,fit,etc....hell of a good shooter with handloads......2-2.5" consistently at 100yds which is more than good enough for gov't or deer work...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx zant,
Was your nagant a chicom type 53? I'm really looking for some specific info on fit. There are differences in the center to center distance between the reciever tang screw and the magazine tang screw on some models. Yes, I am planning on using the Monte Carlo Stock. I called it an "assault carcano" because it was a carbine with a black stock, folding bayonet and scout type scope.... very "evil" looking....

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
No,that 1 was a Westinghouse...but a Tula fit good too.Cut barrel to 22" and recrowned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts