ATTN: Mosin Nagant Collectors!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/5/02 9:13:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All ATTN: Mosin Nagant Collectors!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out AIM Surplus web site:

www.aimsurplus.com

They have like new model 1938 (the rare shorter version 91/30) with all matching #s with a bunch of accessories for $129.95; and

M91/30s in like new condition, all matching #s, including a bayonet with matching #, plus a bunch of accessories for $129.95.

I have a couple on order, see how they look.

P.S. - they also now have the Yugoslav SKSs, but are listing them as only fair to good condition. It is begining to sound like to me that most of these Yugoslav rifles were rode hard and put away wet.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/02 1:21:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del M1938s?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmmm. Me like!

I may just have to take the chance and order one. IIRC, there were two variations - a true M38, and then ones that were cut down from M91s or M91/30s. You can tell the difference by the rear sight. From Aim's description, it sounds like these are original M38s.

I only own one M38, and that's a Finn capture (SA mark), completely matching and non-import marked. Ain't no way I could part with it....

Let's see, what can I sell quick to get the cash? Perhaps I'll bring something Tuesday....

RobC in Missouri

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/8/02 9:20:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: M1938s?
    Crap, and I'm unemployed...

Anybody want to buy an Astra 400?
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915