The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local Online Auction site which has some various Firearms related stuff for sale. Among those is 5 lots totaling 540 rounds of 7.92 x 57 or as it listed on the site 7.92 S. the auction ends on Aug. 2. the auction started on the 15th and no one had bid on this ammo as of yet. starting bid is $1 per lot plus auction fees, tax. the usual stuff. I have already bid on 10 old cork duck decoys and so far I'm still highest bidder at $3, (fingers crossed) Also have bid on 4 lots of black powder pyrodex pellets again "currently" highest bidder at $2 per lot. My question is should I bid on the ammo which I have no firearm for? It does give me an excuse to get said firearm. (inset evil giggle here)

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, if you can get it cheap, think of your Bros on TFF.
There is a lot with around 10 old leather holsters looks to be mostly for revolvers, I think it fits with all the black powder shooting lots they have listed. I'm keeping and eye on it to see where its at come the last day of the auction. If no one has bid or the bid is low I may bid on it. I have a budget of $50 set aside for this auction. I may even sell off some of the stuff I have around here through them if I decide I like them. The lady who owns it seems fairly nice I talked to her for about 45 mins today.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not familiar with the round but just going off dimensions it sounds good enough for rifle related purposes.500 rounds should be enough to motivate you to have a barrel made down the road if you never do find a rifle and you can get the ammo cheap enough. If you wanna deal with all that it's worth it. If I ever found a pallet of .32naa I'd be all over it.

·
11,742 Posts
There is a lot with around 10 old leather holsters looks to be mostly for revolvers, I think it fits with all the black powder shooting lots they have listed. I'm keeping and eye on it to see where its at come the last day of the auction. If no one has bid or the bid is low I may bid on it. I have a budget of $50 set aside for this auction. I may even sell off some of the stuff I have around here through them if I decide I like them. The lady who owns it seems fairly nice I talked to her for about 45 mins today.
Get all those goodies now cause Christmas is coming up, hint, giveaway.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
It's 8mm Mauser ammo. The "S" for "Spitzer" so it's .323 diameter bullets. Is it corrosive primed? Do they have a brand name for it? Possible/probable age? Until I had those questions answered it would have to be cheap. But, yes, I'd give it a whirl. Lots of cases can be formed/turned from 8 X 57 brass.

·
Premium Member
20,310 Posts
I know some people that don't own a gun but buy all the ammo they can get at a good price. They resell it on an auction site at a big profit. If there is a way to make money someone in this country is going to do it. Can't blame anyone for making money on this ammo crisis but It sure sucks when you have to sit home and not shoot because you can't find any ammo.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
(And) You came to us here on a Firearms forum, to offer up words of caution/abstinence/moderation? 🤔😂

Buy it, it sounds cheap/inexpensive. Everyone needs an 8mm Mauser. 😉

Do it. Gotta love a round a little bigger than a .30-.06. 👍

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I've always taken the approach that if I bid too far in advance, I don't want the items badly at all. Casual bidding days or weeks prior to the end usually just means that the person who really wants the item will just pay more.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's 8mm Mauser ammo. The "S" for "Spitzer" so it's .323 diameter bullets. Is it corrosive primed? Do they have a brand name for it? Possible/probable age? Until I had those questions answered it would have to be cheap. But, yes, I'd give it a whirl. Lots of cases can be formed/turned from 8 X 57 brass.
Im gonna assume corrosive they just like the 7.62x54r surplus ammo, same colors right down to the red primer sealant. the box label says Cartruchos Mauser 7.62mm "S"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts