The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
I'm new to this forum but am an avid firearm collector/enthusiast for many years. I purchased this stainless steel .25 at auction a while ago. It was represented as a Baby Browning/FN .25.
The serial number doesn't indicate this. Is anyone familiar with this pistol and what it might be?
The slide is clearly marked Fabrique Nationale with SN 00C0000212 on the frame.
Thanks and my apologies if I'm in the wrong category but this one seemed the most applicable.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your pictures don't seem to be working.
Thanks, I'll try to figure it out. I'm old and got no patience Lol
Here's what they say. Maybe instead of naked I should place the pistol in a holster Lol
"The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

· Super Moderator
47,546 Posts
If you did a copy and paste, that usually does not work here. Try hitting the "Upload a File" button immediately below the block you are typing in, select the picture file on your computer, select full size (larger picture), and then hit the "Post Reply" button. Very simple, very easy!!:)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell, I don't even know what a url is! Use my instructions above.
Haha! I love it..freakin' url haha. I tried the way you instructed but getting the same message. Maybe it's because I'm a new account. I ain't givin' up! I'll give it a little while, and GD, thank you for the guidance.

· Registered
18,395 Posts
It might be a Browning if it is nickel.

If it is stainless, there ain't no way. the gun had been discontinued before stainless guns started being made.

Bauer made a clone of
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
the Baby, and some of them were stainless.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
18,395 Posts
FN does not label their stuff Fabrique Nationale. It should say Fabrique Nationale d'armes de Guerre.

Like Colt doesn't just stamp Colt. They mark theirs Colt patent firearms manufacturing (Colt Pt FA Mfg).

There is at least one company in Spain that calls itself Fabrique Nationale.

Just a gut feeling, but I think you have a fake.

Disassemble the gun and take pictures of the proof marks. I would be very surprised to find a Belgian made gun that does not have at least a half-a-dozen proof marks on it. :D

Reactions: shootbrownelk

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
FN does not label their stuff Fabrique Nationale. It should say Fabrique Nationale d'armes de Guerre.

Like Colt doesn't just stamp Colt. They mark theirs Colt patent firearms manufacturing (Colt Pt FA Mfg).

Disassemble the gun and take pictures of the proof marks. I would be very surprised to find a Belgian made gun that does not have at least a half-a-dozen proof marks on it. :D
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll open it up this week and get images of markings. It's for sure a well machined piece built from stainless billet. Here is the SN again 00C0000212. Maybe it's a PSA?

· Registered
9 Posts
Does it look anything like this?

View attachment 211300
Beautiful specimen

No proof marks. We think it's a PSA

· Registered
3,287 Posts
It's quite possibly a PSP/PSA production gun. It looks to be nickel plated, rather than stainless- but The PSA guns are made from both stainless and carbon steel, with plating as an option.
FN also had the Baby made in France for a while, but there would be proof marks.

· Registered
18,395 Posts
We think it's a PSA
Public Service Announcement?

While looking up what PSA had to do with Browning pistols I found an article that made this statement.
https://www.precisionsmallarms.com/index.php/about-us/history

>Production of the BABY 6.35 mm was transferred to the Manufacture d'Armes de Bayonne, France ("MAB"), an FN subsidiary, in November 1979. Units made at Bayonne were proofed by an inspector from the French arms facility at St. Etienne and bear the crown St. Etienne proof on the face (muzzle end) of the slide. The only other marks observed on a 1980 example are the two words FABRIQUE NATIONALE on the left side of the slide and the serial number in the usual place on the left side of the frame just above the trigger guard.<

But according to that, if it is an MAB, it should have French proofs on the front of the slide.

· Premium Member
4,944 Posts
My big sister had a blue Baby Browning that belonged to her ex. I took it away from her so she didn't shoot herself with it.:oops::eek:
Gave her a Taurus revolver in .38 Special to replace it. Popped a few rounds with it out back.;) Even got the wife to shoot it a couple of times. She said "Your Sister will like that".
Sister remarried and her "New Man" said "get rid of that pistol because it doesn't have a safety on it"?:rolleyes: DUH!!
(He's from Canada eh?) Nice Guy but doesn't know SQUAT about guns. Just $$$, race horses, Condos on the Vancouver Marina and traveling around the world.:D
The Taurus? I've still got it and have only shot it a few times. Still loaded with gut ripping hollow points.
Sold the Baby Browning to a gun nut friend for a couple hundred $$. Still got the ammo that it came with.;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts