The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting a chance to make a deal on a Baby Browning Should be hearing from the Gal (owner) later today or tomorrow. Wish me luck.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,721 Posts
Luck. I would like to find one in nice shape myself one day... for a good price.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was an odd encounter, Pam and I were at our nearest Walmart Customer Service Desk where Pam had to Cash a Money-Gram. it was late and no one in line behind us. We got to chatting with the Gal behind the counter. one thing led to another, she told me she had a baby Browning. I ask her if it was for sale, we will be discussing Price in the not too distant Future. If it isn't too bad Pam said I can get it.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Let's see, it's not Christmas, my birthday is 2 months away, nope, I can't think of any way to beg hard enough to get another gun. I'm still in shock from my DW saying yes to my new Ruger Max-9 a few weeks ago. She even drove me over a hundred miles to the nearest Academy to get it & she has yet to bring it up in conversation. Hmm! I wonder if I have an incurable medical problem she hasn't told me about? I guess I just got lucky.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it is my Birthday sometime in early June.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Finally getting a chance to make a deal on a Baby Browning Should be hearing from the Gal (owner) later today or tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Congratulations but what is a baby Browning?
They're definitely a fun novelty. If you ever want a holster to carry one in your back pocket let me know as I found a great source. View attachment 252109
Ahhh, Looks like Firpo answered my question.

Congratulations on getting it.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Everyone should have a Browning .25. They are exceptionally fine little guns.
There is a lightweight version that has an aluminum frame and a chrome plated (not nickel!) slide.
There have been copies-the stainless Bauer and Frayser guns. Kassnar made a licensed copy and Precision Small Arms still makes the Baby Browning.

·
Deer Stalker
6,423 Posts
I have two (Colt Pocket Model N and a Bauer copy of the Baby Browning) and I'm currently bidding on a Baby Browning made in 1959, in a local MT auction that ends monday. I've got a bid of $400 and I don't think it will hold.

They are a great wilderness pistol when hiking with a friend. You know the rest of that "bear encounter" story! ;)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Note to Moderators:
Do we need to merge this thread with the "98 German Mouser" thread? I mean, they are both "mouse" guns! :sneaky:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts