The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have two (Colt Pocket Model N and a Bauer copy of the Baby Browning) and I'm currently bidding on a Baby Browning made in 1959, in a local MT auction that ends monday. I've got a bid of $400 and I don't think it will hold.

They are a great wilderness pistol when hiking with a friend. You know the rest of that "bear encounter" story! ;)
View attachment 252233
I was looking at that too! Was very close to putting a bid on it. Now that I know you're in on it I'll refrain. What's up with those stocks? They look like they should light up or something.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Note to Moderators:
Do we need to merge this thread with the "98 German Mouser" thread? I mean, they are both "mouse" guns! :sneaky:
Note to Moderators:
Do we need to merge this thread with the "98 German Mouser" thread? I mean, they are both "mouse" guns! :sneaky:
Mouse guns or not, you should have seen the look on the RO's face when I qualified with all 3 guns on my CCW.
He kinda snickered when he saw the .25 Beretta.
The snicker vanished when he scored the targets.
7 above the shoulders is all you need. :)

·
Super Moderator
43,364 Posts
Note to Moderators:
No, that one is going to disappear because the OP has not provided pictures of his mouser, whether it be a German rifle or a German cat!

·
Registered
328 Posts

Alex, I'll take "Cute but wimpy" for $1,000.

The two Babies were just too nice to leave in the dark corner of the showcase, where people kept insulting them. They will munch right thru a box of ammo without a hiccup.
I picked up the North American .22 LR for my lady- I liked the jewel box.
The hammerless revolver at bottom left is a Kolb Baby Hammerless. .6 shot .22 short, with a 1 inch bbl. Bottom right is a quirky antique- A Robin Hood- made by the Hood Mfg Co in 1894. .22 Short SMOOTHBORE. It appears to be rifled (from the muzzle) but they only pressed a broach into the barrel for a quarter inch.

Apologies for quality of pictures- learning how to use new camera (things like focus, setting date/ time)

·
Deer Stalker
6,435 Posts
I was looking at that too! Was very close to putting a bid on it. Now that I know you're in on it I'll refrain. What's up with those stocks? They look like they should light up or something.
By all means, bid away! I have a number I won't exceed. There's always a better deal down the road.

Meanwhile, my 98% 1919 Colt Model N (Paid $650) and Bauer .25 ACP (Paid $250)

Office supplies Revolver Gun barrel Bullet Gun accessory

Gun accessory Gun barrel Font Trigger Wood

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't have the browning but lucked out and aquired a colt junior a while back It was found hidden inside the dash of an old truck belonging to my sons grandfathet . Rusted shut solidly . Took aweek of soaking in kroil to break it loose but it cleaned up enough to be functional .Not going to win the beauty contest . I know everyone says not to shot the bad guy with a 25 just make him.mad . Funny i cant find anyone to volunteer to test thst theory

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Haven't heard back from the Gal on the Baby Browning yet,

Reactions: Firpo

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
Sister had one (Baby Browning) that belonged to her ex. Took it away from her so she didn't shoot herself. :eek: Replaced it with a new Tarus 5 shot revolver in 38 Special. She never fired it.
Sold the BB for $150.00 to a friend for his friend. Got the Tarus back when she married a guy from Canada that said the Tarus didn't have a safety??? :)rolleyes:)
The Tarus finally ended up at the eldest daughters (new to her) house in the country (as her friend) ;) is the kitchen drawer.
She lives alone and just mentioned hearing Mountain Lions screaming on her property.
Should have given her my Super Black Hawk in 44 Mag. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mak, depending on condition, the Baby Brownings are NOT cheap- but they are extremely well made little guns.

Come to think of it, don't think I have ever had a Browning that was not a really well made gun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A few years ago I was visiting my sister in law. She wanted to check on an elderly friend and asked me to come along. I got talking the the old gal and she told me she had a couple of her deceased husband guns and weren't sure if they were loaded. S&W model 60 and an alloy baby Browning. I unloaded them for her and she tells me I can keep them and would not accept any money for them. I've stumbled onto a few lucky deals like that in my life.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sister had one (Baby Browning) that belonged to her ex. Took it away from her so she didn't shoot herself. :eek: Replaced it with a new Tarus 5 shot revolver in 38 Special. She never fired it.
Sold the BB for $150.00 to a friend for his friend. Got the Tarus back when she married a guy from Canada that said the Tarus didn't have a safety??? :)rolleyes:)
The Tarus finally ended up at the eldest daughters (new to her) house in the country (as her friend) ;) is the kitchen drawer.
She lives alone and just mentioned hearing Mountain Lions screaming on her property.
Should have given her my Super Black Hawk in 44 Mag. :D
She might could use a double barrel shotgun.... I heard that someone said that's all we need...🥶

Everyone should have a Browning .25. They are exceptionally fine little guns.
There is a lightweight version that has an aluminum frame and a chrome plated (not nickel!) slide.
There have been copies-the stainless Bauer and Frayser guns. Kassnar made a licensed copy and Precision Small Arms still makes the Baby Browning.
Practically stole mine, the thing sat in a local sporting goods store for years. Went to their "closing down" sale and the owner was glad to get it off his hands. Have no earthly use for it but it resides in a drawer within arm's reach of my front door. Loaded.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts