The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.:eek:....Just finished up a deal,and now posses a Replica Arms 1849 Colt pocket cased set.If my interpretation of the date code is right,it was made in 1958,the oldest repro revolver I have yet seen.Case,mold,revolver,and flask are UNUSED CONDITION,unfired.Couple of tiny spot in the bluing,but otherwise as from the factory.Case even has the little key,manufactured by MARCO.

Well,what should be it's fate?Got it with the intention of doing up a "gambler's special" with the barrel cut back to the lug,but the bits I can find on it seen to indicate it should be preserved.By the way,it is the case hardened frame,not the usual brass frame one encounters.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
28,128 Posts
No photos? :(

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I had one about 10 years ago. Bought it for $80 and sold it a couple years later for $120. I don't think the set I had was ever fired either.

How much are they going for now?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well,what's the decision of the peanut gallery?Should I save it,swap sideways on one that can be cut without guilt,sell it,or give in to the Urge?Weekend's coming,looks like so-so weather predicted,perfect time to hit the workbench and get some work done!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
There are collector's sites for these repro BP firearms--Google them. I suspect you will be advised not to mess with it if the condition is as you describe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks,Buffalochip,will see what I can!Gunclinger,will see if the girlfriend can get a picture or two,and see if I can post them.I still use FILM,don't even have a cellphone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts