The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the current ammunition scarcity and the political climate, my interest in assault rifles has diminished significantly. So I've been wanting to get a nice bolt gun to practice my long range marksmanship. So when I spied this in my gun shop stickered at only $525 I decided to snatch it up.

It's a Remington 700 in .30-06 with a 22" barrel and a Bushnell 2.5-8 power scope. Seems like it was someone's deer gun, it's a little rough around the edges. There's a tiny bit of surface rust on the under side of the barrel, but overall it's in great working order. Seems to have the heaviest trigger I've ever pulled on a 700 (I've only held three, including this one), but it's still super crisp. Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do. Only trouble is I need to figure out what I can sell to finance this purchase. Anyone need a case of AK rounds? :p

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Congrat's and that is a fine looking 700!
For the price, IMO, you didnt go wrong there at ALL!
It may have the factory trigger in it as was and you can always swap that out for a better
adjustable trigger.

I've been getting my bolt actions out more these days and love'em.
NICE find!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I love mine in .243 win: it's a tack driver! I did a trigger job on the factory Walker trigger--got it down to 2 1/2 lbs. Lots of aftermarket stuff out there too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts