Bad Time At The Range?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pinecone70, Apr 24, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

So, who has a story to tell about a bad time at the range? I did, yesterday.

Drove all the way up there and the wind was gusting to 35mph, it was 83 degrees out and dusty. My rifle was malfunctioning more than it was functioning. A couple of dudes were hogging the pistol range the entire time I was there, but I was so frustrated that I just left without asking them if I could get a spot.

Argh.

2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

A few weeks ago I packed a rifle, ammo, ears etc., threw in in the jeep and arrived at the range first thing. The Army says 'not today, thank you goodbye'.

Drive home, unpack, cup of tea...

3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I took a nap when I returned home.

4. Enfield

Enfield New Member

I am pleased to say that the worst thing to happen to me was running out of ammo too quickly - well you know what it is like when you have been used to bolt actions then you get a new semi auto come along :D

Cheers

Enfield

5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Whet to the range on day only to find the post's had been shot in half by what looked like a 45-70. I mean all of them. So the father and I went to Lowes got some more posts and some 2x4's and then got them planted into the ground. Finally found out who did it about two wekks later and revoked his membership.

6. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Went to the range with my brand new MK III had all my gear. Its an indoor range so what can happen right? Only person there, another plus. I was in the process of sighting the gun, when for no reason the lights went out. So there I am alone, with what I hope is an empty gun, should be but I like to SEE it. Set the gun down feel my way out to find out the power lines went down. Had to borrow a flashlight to check the gun, and make sure I got all my gear. Not very awarding to say the least.

7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

My worst day is ongoing as I can't find an outdoor range to shoot at without driving a couple hours.

8. artabr

artabr New Member

9. islenos

islenos Active Member

Sounds like Combat:D

10. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Well, I'd hate to be in actual combat.

11. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work

12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Yes, better than a good day at work!

I have been out in the rain and snow mix at the range, but somehow yesterday was just awful.

13. artabr

artabr New Member

Roger that. :)

Art

14. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I've had many bad days at the range. Some IDIOT points a gun down the firing line and when I chastise him he wants to argue. "No I didn't. It watn't loaded anyway." Lots of folks don't get too upset when some ******* points a gun at them and I've been trying, really, really trying to keep my cool when some ******* points a gun at me. And I've gotten better. I don't scream in their face anymore. But it just ruins my day. I have told people upon their arrival on the range "Don't point a gun at me, ok?" and gotten their "Ok." and had them point the gun at me in a minute or so. I've forgotten the times I have just packed my stuff and left. I think it is a miracle more people are not killed on shooting ranges.

15. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I hate going to the range now. It was different 20 something years ago. Now, people are up your butt wainting to know what your shooting. Picking up your brass. in fact one range localy here now sweeps the brass in hopes of keeping it. too many rules and bs. i just wait to go to the ranch now.