Bad week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goofy, Jul 11, 2020.

1. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

I too take Brilinta 60 mg. In Canada, my cost is only $110 for 300 tabs insurance covers the rest.

2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Do you take 2 each day? I never realized meds was so expensive because I'm on MEDICARE
    and TRI-CARE FOR LIFE...Ordering them via EXPRESS SCRIPTS the cost is negligible...Chief

BlueDragonLair and Rae Harrison like this.

3. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

I don't want to hi-jack this thread. I will PM you.

4. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

We found Brilinta to work well for dad... maybe it would work for @goofy? What does the TFF Doc think? Prayers sent Mike.

BlackEagle and goofy like this.
  5. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

When I first got the valve the doctor sent me to a clinic to teach me how to stop bleeding if I cut myself (Due to fact of what I do for a living) so I was shown how to use this powder To clot my blood around the wound) and even how to stitch myself intill I can get medical help. I carry that kit when I go hunting and when I am out and about.
    The best way to describe why it has to have the ingredient that coumindin and warfarin have is it makes the blood kind of slip off the valve and does not coat it. If you see commercials for some of the drugs you are talking about you will hear or see in small print that it should not be used for certain valve replacements and of course they are talking about my valve replacement.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  6. Virginia Patriot

Virginia Patriot Well-Known Member

I will be keeping you in my prayers!

BlackEagle likes this.
  7. goofy

I went thru all the drugs you have mentioned and ALL say not to be used with a mechanical heart valve. Some say they Have not been tested on patients with a mechanical heart valve and some say DO NOT take.
    I went onto the site that my valve was made and it still says coumadin is the only recommended Blood thinner.
    I guess if it is not going to be made anymore they will have to change that. I sent them a E-Mail about this and can't wait to hear back from them (If I do).
    I talked too a few places that sell drugs like Canada drugs direct and they said they are sending Warfarin instead when someone orders coumadin due to manufacturing problems with it.
    But I did read Warfarin has changed sense I was told about it and they are made better with more attention to the dosage. But also read when switching from coumandin to warfarin constant testing is recommended.
    So I guess I have no choice and will be pricking my finger 3 to 4 times a week.
    But that is still better then diabetics who have to do it every day and in some cases more then one time a day.

8. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member Supporting Member

VT, Just under the Nostril of the Witches Nose
    This all sound very serious, I would prick every day for a week or two then move to 3 times a week.
    I’ll be thinking of you Mike.

goofy likes this.
  9. rooter

Many years ago when I was teaching concepts of biological warfare in navy classes,
    I recall having recv'd my training at a navy medical school we called The Bug and Rat
    School in Oakland, California. Chief

Search instead for WHY IS WARFRIN USED IN RAT POISONS?

Search Results
    Featured snippet from the web
    upload_2020-7-12_4-24-5.jpeg
    Warfarin is a synthetic derivative of dicoumarol, and since 1948 has had a major role in slaughtering rats and mice by stimulating internal bleeding. In 1954, warfarin was also approved for therapeutic use as an anticoagulant in the prevention of thrombosis and thromboembolism.May 29, 2015

BlueDragonLair and joe45c like this.
  10. goofy

I tell you hearing that what I will have to take is used to kill something really makes me feel better.
    NOT!!!!!!!!!

11. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your potential medical problem. I hope and pray that you can find a solution to this.

BlueDragonLair, BlackEagle and goofy like this.
  12. tango1niner

tango1niner Well-Known Member

A few other good thinners available are Eliquis, Pradaxa, Xarelto. They'll find something for you Goofy.

BlueDragonLair and goofy like this.
  13. goofy

They are not recommended for the mechanical valves. That is what I found out by going to there web sights. (And the doctors said the same as there web sights).
    That is the problem I am having.
    Warfarin Is the only one I will be able to take.

BlueDragonLair and joe45c like this.
  14. goofy

To add some laughter to this bad situation.
    SORRY LADY'S.....:bowdown::love:
    I am still trying to get use to saying I will have to prick myself:rolleyes:
    But you know the old saying.
    It is better to prick your finger then finger your......... Yea I am not going to go there;):D
    I wounder how many demerits I will get for that;):eek::rolleyes:

rooter and BlueDragonLair like this.
  15. rooter

Laughter is always a pleasant medication, Goofy....My wife, hearing something like that,
    would call it, "Sailor Talk"....Get well...stay hopeful...Chief

BlueDragonLair and goofy like this.