The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will ballesters accept ( without mod ) common 1911 style grips?

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Looks like a no to me...

·
Super Moderator
41,422 Posts
I can tell you for sure - NO. Many years ago I had a Ballester Molina and I didn't like the grips so I bought a set if standard ones. It really doesn't even come close.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
The Ballester-Molina grips mount with two screws each that go directly into tapped holes in the frame, rather than the US government standard specs for a 0.250-inch diameter mounting stud and a 0.150-inch threaded screw that fits into the post.

Here's some examples:

http://tulskii.com/balistermolina.html

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
:) Now, I'm ready to go out and buy a Ballester-Molina just so I can get a set of those grips for it.:)

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
balerina molester.

that's too funny.. :)

I'm assuming a rigaud is the same then.. but perhaps a colt systema may be more true to form?

·
Registered
17,299 Posts
Never heard of a rigaud, but the Sistema- what I referred to (in that link) as "my little Argentine pony" - is a Colt, for all intents and purposes. Colt went to Argentina, built a factory, filled it with GEN-U-INE Colt machinery, operated by GEN-U-INE Colt employees. Then they packed up and left, and the Argentines took over, in that same Colt factory, on that same Colt machinery, and probably run by the same Colt employees.

·
Registered
17,299 Posts
You know, I see people talk about their Remmy or their Mossy or their shotty or their Springer or their Norc or their Deagle, ad nauseam, and I wonder, "What is wrong with these people, that they have to have their little "baby talk" pet names for their guns.

But then, I've got half a dozen Huskies, and I've got that Ballerina Molester, and I've got several shootguns. :confused:

:D

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Star model "P" grips can be modified to fit. Neither the Molina or Rigaud guns won't accept Colt grips.

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
double schucks.

the systema is the one I don't have yet. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts