The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the B-Molina back about 1990 when they were frequently seen in ads in Shotgun News. Really fond of the pistol except for the tiny sights. Mine was reliable with every type of ammunition tried, even hollowpoints. Recently took it to the range. After firing one magazine, I reloaded and the trigger would not "pull". I thought the slide was not completely in battery. The slide was completely closed. Tried a second round, then a third. The trigger would not release the hammer. On arriving home, the slide was removed and then the grips. I found that the trigger extension on the right side of the frame was resting below the sear. If I held the extension up against the sear and pulled the trigger, the hammer released, as it would normally.
Does anybody know what sort of mechanism returns the trigger to the firing position? What is the mechanism that holds the trigger extension up against the sear and returns it to position when the disconnector pushes it down?
I have looked at the parts available from Sarco and Numrich. Not much out there. Is this something a typical gunsmith could make work?
Appreciate any information/advice!!
Dunnifish

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)Thanks, Bill!!!
Apparently, the trigger spring has broken. Would a tinkerer with about average skills be able to drive out the trigger pin and, more importantly, reassemble the trigger assembly in the frame? I have not yet found a source for the replacement spring.
Thanks for your answer!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts