The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is what I believe to be a authenic German SS dagger. has "ALLES FUR DEUTCHLAND" etched one one side and makers mark of Thomas Wielputz on other. handle and logos seem right. the leather hanger is missing and scabbard has 2 dents but knife slides in properly. handle is in good condition with 2 chips near blade guard. there is a letter "P" on guard that I havent been able to authinicate.

Reason I am asking for Ballpark value is this has been offered to me at what I feel is a very good price. picture below is from this site..http://www.quanonline.com/military/military_reference/german/blades/sa/sa_dagger.html if below is example of excellent than the one offered would be fair.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hunter, you mention an SS dagger but the illustration is an SA dagger (FAR more common than SS).
The P marking designates Pommern (Pomerania); the SA were organized by districts.
An SA dagger in the condition you describe really shouldn't fetch more than $200 but I might be dated on prices. Still, the SA dagger is quite common and has one of the lowest collector values unless in exceptional condition

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stede, you are correct it Is a SA not a SS. I went ahead and invested in this dagger at about 1/2 of what you estimated value at...I did finally find one same makers mark but missing scabbard..it sold for 350..mainly because the maker was a small company and seems to be quite rare but quality to compare with the other larger makers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Hunter- good deal for $100. PM me with pics if you feel like it; I'm a dagger man from way back and like to see 'em!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts