The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure why, but today I was thinking about the movie "Band of Brothers" And in particular "Hooblers Luger" that he accidentally killed himself with at Bastogne. Wouldn't that be an interesting and probably very value provenance gun?
In the movie, the Luger is then (after Hoobler's death) given to Don Marlarkey. So I get on computer and start researching. Turns out that there was no Luger. That was just a bit of Hollywood drama added to the story. There are two versions of what happened to Hoobler. One is that his rifle caught on a piece of barbed wire and discharged. But the one that appears to come straight from BOB survivors is that Hoobler had a Browning .32 cal pistol that he kept in his pocket. And that it accidentally discharged. No word on what became of it.

Another gun that I am intrigued with is the .38 Cal. revolver that was (as per legend) used on Iwo Jima. As the story goes, it was given to a young Marine by his home town police chief. And after he was KIA, then passed through several other hands as the inheritors themselves were KIA. Wouldn't that be an interesting gun if it could be found?

·
Registered
548 Posts
The lonliest man in the world is a replacement in a rifle company, arriving in the middle of the night. Doesn't know anyone, or is known by anyone. Only a name on a morning report, and no one even knows what you look like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts