Barbequing in one's nightgown??? ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/13/01 10:17:12 pm)
    | Edit | Del All Barbequing in one's nightgown???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No it's not like you think - though it is pretty dumb. It's about 40-45 degrees outside, a nice brisk breeze and the nightgown does go to the floor and is flannel (though it doesn't have sleeves or the like). And I have a robe on.

Now if the charcoal would just hurry up - how can I have a nice steak dinner for mom when the charcoal doesn't cooperate?

I'm beginning to believe berto64 was right Saturday when he said "There's the easy way, the hard way, and then there's T's way!"

Sigh...

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/13/01 10:26:13 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Barbequing in one's nightgown???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I normally wear a shear with lace for cool night BBQ, maybe a garter (color?) and a dash of ChannelCat #9......toot!
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

BlackGun
    (11/13/01 10:32:45 pm)
    Well, actually I dress up for dinner. A lovely blue TuTu to match my eyes!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 10:46:31 pm)
    First of all, even though I always used to say I would NEVER use a gas grill unless somebody GAVE one to me, I have to confess after my Mo-in-law gave me one for Christmas one year long ago I've bought a new one every year since...I burn them out with the "year long" use...takes a little more time to preheat the grill for a steak when it's a -30* wind-chill outside on the porch. Having to brush the snow off to open it adds to the adventure...

NOTHING like a steak on the grill ANYTIME.

And in wintertime, gas beats charcoal....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

AntiqueDr
    (11/13/01 10:47:15 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Barbequing in one's nightgown???
    For barbecuing, I wear my outdoor chef outfit: bright chrome Viking hat, leopard-skin thong, and bunny slippers.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

polishshooter
    (11/13/01 11:55:36 pm)
    But you're from TEXAS, you prolly wouldn't wear that in the SNOW to cook outside...

...then again, I've done it in nothing but gym shorts...had the neighbors watching one time, the 1 1/2 inch thick chuck roast we sometimes cook like a steak took a little longer that day...next day my neighbor asked me what I was doing on the porch so long naked in the snow, and what was that smoke...I guess he couldn't see me fully behind the woodpile.
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

gpostal
    (11/14/01 12:16:09 am)
    t its probably a little to late for this ,and since your probably don't have a torch ,a hair dryer works wonders for helping heat up the coals ,I use one for my smoker ,once you get the coals going just point and shoot the high pressure of wind really adds oxygen to the fire ,you just have to watch the distance because they have a overheat breaker inside and will shut off ,then you just have to let her cool down and go at it again

really works great ,beats the hack out of fanning the fire

TallTLynn
    (11/14/01 12:28:57 am)
    Thanks gpostal - nice idea and I like it.

And while I don't use a hairdryer - mom does so I'll just use hers.

giggle............

gpostal
    (11/14/01 12:32:39 am)
    watch it ,if its a white one it can leave a little carbon on it ,you just have to wipe it down real good {I got busted once myself}

let me know how it works for you

AGunguy
    (11/14/01 12:34:01 am)
    Anyone there got the fire departments phone number?

Watch out for flying sparks.

GG

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/14/01 1:07:33 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    WE usta ALWAYS do a LEW OW.....jus dig a deep trench about six feet long and 3 feet deep.
    Start with a layer of Balsa wood chips about 6 inches deep ...tha length of the trench.
    Place hickory wood (extremely dry) lengthwise to within
    a proper distance to ground level...depending upon how large yer HOG is!
    All the cundamints etc. outathaway and everything doused with crudements of lasting memory...you start the fire and cover with Palm leaves to the extent that the smoke bearly
    escapes and light fumes of cooking pork mix with swirling wisps of hickory wood smoke. Hush yer mouth/Stand back now.
    Had one mishap though, cudn't get the wood to start, so we started digging the LEW OW pit deeper, hit a city gas line
    and a spewing flame rushed to about 6 feet in the air.
    WELL, it was a long night in jail, never did get ta eat any pork
    paid a $500 fine and WE jus don do that anymore!
    OH, we did wear beads and some kind of lion cloths...wudn't stay up very good. Glad I wasn't wearin my grass skirt....
    I wud likta try a chenneel type housecoat with a litl bit of
    flashy stardust sequins up tha front and down tha bak. OH, well its a thot.
    Charlie D
    LUV that LEW OW.Try it TLynn, just get sumbodi to chase down a good lookin Sow that can't run too fast. Good Luck

ibtrukn
    (11/14/01 6:50:33 am)
    Lynn, cant picture that. Please post picture.

Yo BG go ahead an post THAT picture. She aint in her nitie but i'll do...................honest

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/14/01 7:47:44 am)
    I love it when a womans night gown goes to the floor.........................................................

And Stays there!

Sorry T,ya bring out the best in a man and the worst!

polishshooter
    (11/14/01 9:41:43 am)
    Hey DIff, what were you digging the pit with, a TRACKHOE? I wouldn't have told the city till after the pig was done, if you could control the size of the gas flame somehow....

Well we sure got the pigs in Indiana, but might have a problem finding the palm fronds.....

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/14/01 8:03:58 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I've done the very same thing T, I'm a size 16 lol!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

bondai
    (11/14/01 8:28:35 pm)
    Spose to take off the night gown and use it to fan the charcoal.... :)

shane
    (11/14/01 9:28:37 pm)
    I like barbequing in my boxers. I've got a pair in realtree camo so nobody can see me.

Bob In St Louis
    (11/14/01 9:35:15 pm)
    I just wear my Sumo Wrestler diaper and do a lot of posturing out on the back deck - kinda amazing how quick the neighbors pull down their shades!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

shooter22
    (11/14/01 10:06:55 pm)
    Shane, Is that advantage, or hard woods?

shooter22

tuckerd1
    (11/14/01 11:11:26 pm)
    Hey Bob, Do you have the body for that diaper??!! LOL! What an image!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/14/01 11:22:15 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Dat ain't a diaper, dem 'er grampers!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

AGunguy
    (11/15/01 12:00:56 am)
    When you throw them against the wall...do they stick?

Gunguy

gpostal
    (11/15/01 12:05:03 am)
    gg i think that depends {no pun intended} on how long he was wearing them

TallTLynn
    (11/15/01 12:06:03 am)
    I should of known how this thread would go - dang it all!

Bob In St Louis
    (11/15/01 8:21:23 am)
    Yeah - start with a good opening like that, and all of us perverted minds go to work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.