The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
Basspro is not the only place selling for 2xs the going rate. Theres alot of places price gouging. Even the overseas primers are starting to sell for $150 - $180 per 1000. But theres still places selling for $70 - $100 per 1000 you just gotta look. I really didnt wanna spend so much but i bought 13k primers because i dont see prices going down just up. I did buy Ginex and Ruag im fine with it.

· Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I live down the road from BP headquarters like 6 mi. Yes they are charging $150.+ for primers. Yet right next to the pile was separate sleeves for $8,99. If my 70's math is correct that's $90.+ for 1000.Am I missing something?There wasn't a sign of a limit. I go to Eagle Armory across town and they are selling for $100. per brick. Still too much but less than BP. Bass Pro is high on everything. A guy behind the counter told me don't buy here but go online. They're guns are $100.more than most other places.

· Premium Member
2,063 Posts
4 months ago I bought 1000 CCI SR primers for 79.99. Yesterday the same brick was 154.99. That's 100% increase in 4 months.
Availability has improved and prices were stabil, or so I thought. Even the bass pro guy said, naw, that's gotta be wrong. But it wasn't.
Always have been gougers.

· Super Moderator
29,775 Posts
Haz-Mat shipping fees are going through the roof as well, and probably reflected in those prices, not that Bass Pro hasn't been a price gouger for years.
And Haz-Mat fees are BS too. You can thank UPS for that.

· Registered
2,999 Posts
And Haz-Mat fees are BS too. You can thank UPS for that.
But if you buy 50# you only have to pay 50 cent per pound extra. 😂. You can still find some powders for 28-32$ a pound as long as they dont come from europe or hodgdon 🤔

· Super Moderator
29,775 Posts
But if you buy 50# you only have to pay 50 cent per pound extra. 😂. You can still find some powders for 28-32$ a pound as long as they dont come from europe or hodgdon 🤔
I wouldn't care if it was only .01 a pound, it's BS. I've hauled a lot of haz-mat in the past and as a driver, I never saw an extra penny. One of the reasons I dropped my haz-mat endorsement.

· Super Moderator
45,409 Posts
They were always high priced. I don't think I have ever bought anything in one, well actually I don't think I have ever been the one in Atlanta but twice. A few years ago, I stopped at the Cabela's in Augusta and again could not afford anything there, I did buy a Coke on the way out just to say I bought something at Cabela's - and it was high priced!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts