Battle Hymn of the Republic...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/11/01 10:22:14 am)
    | Edit | Del All Battle Hymn of the Republic...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sang it today for our recessional hym in church, and almost brought tears to my eyes, how APPROPRIATE for what's happenning today!

In fact I gave the Priest heck after mass as to why we didn't sing all five verses, the last one about "...and all the evil empires will forever be his slave..."or whatever was REALLY fitting...and he said as soon as he bowed and turned to walk up the aisle he was kicking himself, should have made us sing all 5, said he was going to do it at the 10:30 mass.

Oh well, should be happy we at least sang three, Catholics usually only do two and are outta' there!

"He has loosed the fateful lightning of his Terrible Swift Sword...His Truth is Marching ON!"
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/11/01 5:13:16 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Battle Hymn of the Republic...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmmmmm. Let's see....
    15 Hail Marys &
    25 Our Fathers
    125 Acts of Contrition....
    Then sing..."SMOKE GETS IN YER EYES"
    All ta gether now, uh 1 uh 2 and uh 3!

polishshooter
    (11/11/01 7:35:32 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Battle Hymn of the Republic...
    Hey DIf, how did YOU find out what my penance was the last time I went to Confession? I thought that was supposed to be SECRET...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

walrus1432
    (11/11/01 10:32:37 pm)
    Well, first thing Dad, kick the cantor, not Fr. Stan...he can tell them how much to sing...usually the cantor just waits until the priest is down the aisle and then quits. Fr. can tell them how much to sing though...if I was their, I would have sang all 5

But you're right again...Isn't it odd how things from the past can come back and be so appropriate in the present?
    Maybe it's a case of history repeating itself in some form...or maybe its just a case of things lasting through the years and some things never changing.

And another good point is the fact that music has brought people through tough times since time began...I never thought I'd hear God Bless America sang at the opening of a day at the NY stock exchange...but we did.
    So keep singing, even when the music stops...

polishshooter
    (11/11/01 10:39:21 pm)
    Kim was the cantor, and you just KNOW Father Stan likes to think he's in control... If he stayed there long enough, he thinks everybody would keep singing, but then NEXT week record numbers would cut out right after communion...

You missed his homily, especially the part about the "Golden Commode..." had the old people waking up and thinking, did he REALLY just say that?

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/11/01 10:44:59 pm)
    Dear God! There are two of them now.....a History buff and a DJ with a conservative female brain. Can it get any worse??? Polish, I believe I`ll steer clear of Ah-choo and stay with Rare Earth and fondle my memories of east and west.....with a wiskey a go-go in between. Polygap.......ring a bell???
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

polishshooter
    (11/11/01 10:48:10 pm)
    Polygap? Isn't that what you use on the dentures after the Efferdent?

warpig883
    (11/11/01 10:59:34 pm)
    I wonder if her favorite color is brown? We could ask Polish. OH DADDY I have a question for you. hee hee
    custom signature

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/11/01 11:27:09 pm)
    Poly Gap, a Hendrix instrumental combining a flying v and a strat. Spectacular mixing as the V comes in and takes over.
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

polishshooter
    (11/12/01 12:40:12 am)
    No, she likes purple.

And yes, she's into all music, was (?) a "Music Business" major along with Communications double major, but think she dropped the music business...

She likes all types, and yeah, she likes Hendrix too...

I personally was a Stones and Southern Rocker myself, with some Speedwagon thrown in...

Used to be a "Florida Guitar Army" nut til they broke up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.