Bear Creek Arsenal

Discussion in 'AR 15 Forum' started by The Collector, Oct 8, 2017.

1. The Collector

The Collector Well-Known Member

2. zant

zant Well-Known Member

I ordered a 16" .300 upper from them-never done business with them but wanted a carbine gas-not pistol in 16" and they were the only ones to have one.Using supersonic.no desire to suppress.Ordered on 10/4-still hasn't shpd.

3. The Collector

Well, I'd be ordering it from Primary Arms, who has it in stock, so I shouldn't have that problem. However, that does say something negative about the company.

4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have bought a complete upper and a drop in trigger, from Primary Arms, at different times. I don't remember them being slow with their shipping.

Ordered on the 4th and today is Sunday the 8th, I don't consider that slow shipping. Don't look for it to be shipped tomorrow either since it is a holiday. If it hasn't been shipped by the Friday the 13th, I would considered that slow.

howlnmad likes this.
  5. The Collector

It sounds to me that Zant ordered directly from BCA. I would be ordering from Primary Arms, and I have done so many times before. Primary Arms and Joebob's are my primary go to webstores for AR parts. I was saying that if BCA was that slow to ship, it doesn't speak well of their ethics or customer service. That is all I meant. Primary Arms is excellent.

6. zant

zant Well-Known Member

I ordered some parts from Primary Arms at 1200 on Fri-in my mailbox 200 Monday-they ship twice a day-great company.

7. Ibmikey99$

Ibmikey99$ Active Member

Bear Creek has rather inexpensive barrels and a friend bought one for a build I was doing for him. The barrel had what looked like a phosphate finish ( buyer could not remember) and no chrome lining...I. Gave him some of my 125 gr reloads and he came back with five shots in one ragged hole from fifty yards with open sights.

Twicepop likes this.
  8. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Bear Creek used to be called Moore Machine company, and they changed the name after flooding the market with crappy AR15s during the panic buying days. Their new offerings seem to be good quality however, maybe they got new machinists when they changed their name...

I just ordered one of their complete AR upper receivers in 7.62x39 from Classic Arms, can't put one together for the $225 shipped. No idea when it'll get here, what with the holiday and all. Says my order is at the warehouse to be "picked".