The Firearms Forum banner

been thinking about getting into this...

2K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
CaliCollector
V.I.P. Member
(9/13/02 10:58:39 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All
ezSupporter
been thinking about getting into this...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
been thinkin bout getting into this Black Powder shooting. years ago i bought a 1860 Colt Army .44 out of the Sportsmans guide catalouge, never shot it, just thought it was a beautiful pistol, and hey ITS ACTUALLY A COLT!!! ive read thru the posts on this forum, and it looks like theres alot of folks here with alot of experience and good practicle knowledge to boot. while i wont be shooting my Colt any time soon, was thinking about getting one of those 1858 Remingtons from Cabelas.. thank you whoever posted the question about what gun Clint Eastwood used in Pale Rider, god i love that movie, and the speed loader second cylinder has always been the one thing thats kept my passing interest in trying BP shooting. and like someone else stated, here in the PRk if we get too regulated, a good BP sixgun may be the last line of defense we have, always thought that Remington would serve well..
i guess my first question is what is a good starter pistol, one that i can use and shoot for a very long time, and will hold up well. not like a first car, just something to get by on and wrreck and replace later, but an actuall shooter. would my Colt , or one of Cabelas Remingtons, or even a Ruger Old Army be the better choice?? gotta admit that Remington with a spare cylinder or 2 is awful tempting..
thanks in advance.. Ray in California
"Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."

JackRyann
(9/14/02 1:52:09 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: been thinking about getting into this...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I vote for the Ruger Old Army 44. I don't think that can be beat unless you get the same thing in SS.
YOu won't be sorry you bought the SS.
Kill it and Grill, yeah! I love animals. They're tasty!

jeeper1
V.I.P. Member
(9/14/02 3:20:30 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: been thinking about getting into this...
I too would go with the Ruger in stainless steel.
The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

CaliCollector
V.I.P. Member
(9/16/02 6:20:48 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: been thinking about getting into this...
Jack and Jeeper... thank you for the advice. any thoughts on the remington??? ill take your advise and place a Ruger old army in stainless on my list of things to aquire... ill be looking for a used one, try and save me some money, if they are like anything else Ruger makes, a used one will still be a good buy, always did like that Lemat too... lol ohhh god this in itself can become another gun addiction!!!!! i wonder if my wife would understand?? "BUT honey, these arent just ANY guns, they are black powder,, they might be remakes, but theres ALOT of historical significance to these..." lol think itll work?? Ray in California

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(9/16/02 7:40:39 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter

Quote:
?? "BUT honey, these arent just ANY guns, they are black powder,, they might be remakes, but theres ALOT of historical significance to these...

Ray, I think you are going to be in the doghouse

CaliCollector
V.I.P. Member
(9/16/02 8:42:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
QUOTE "Ray, I think you are going to be in the doghouse "

ahhh well WarPig... thats not such a bad place to be.. wife dont know it, but i got my own blanket out there, just ran the cable last week, installed electricity............lol
Ray in California
ps. and for a new gun... couple nights in the dog house aint so bad....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.