The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
20200416_082958[1].jpg
20200513_124144[1].jpg

Say "Hi" to Substantial Cat! A neighborhood stray we adopted about 2 1/2 years ago. He weighed 14 lbs last Feb when we had him neutered. Today, I get to try to get him in a carrier for his second visit to the vet by myself!! His claws are very long and sharp.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Just try giving a cat a bath, you will see those claws up close and personal!
My wife found a waterless shampoo for pets and we use that!! As long as I don't have to get stitches, I'll be ok.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Before: About two weeks after the kids found a tail and pair of ears starving in the church parking lot, and named "Samantha".

After: About 2yrs old, 32lb "Samuel", above the staircase waiting for someone's head to bonk.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
After: About 2yrs old, 32lb "Samuel", above the staircase waiting for someone's head to bonk.
So, is Samantha ambulatory or do y'all drag her around on a sled?!! :lol::banana:

Reactions: tedwitt and Guts3d

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
So, is Samantha ambulatory or do y'all drag her around on a sled?!! :lol::banana:
:D When my two Snowshoe Birman sisters came into heat, the step daughter finally agreed that Sam was a "HE", and shortly after an "IT".
He was a character, when the three females got into a scrap, he would stroll into the center of it, sit down, and that was the end of it. He was never really fat, just a big cat.
He hurt his hip coming down the stairs one time, and we had to give him kitty Motrin. Trying to give a cat that big, a pill, was like trying to hold a spool of barbed wire chucked in a spinning lathe. Took 3 of us to do it, and there was blood. After about the 3rd or 4th dose, he would come looking for the pill, and swallow it.
Succumbed to feline kidney disease two years ago at 18, broke her heart to put him down.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
We're baby sitting our grand dog Sugar. But don't mention she's a dog if she can hear you! View attachment 223592
By far my favorite dog the Boston Terrier. I have owned them all my 60 years. We have 2 now. One is brown and white, the other blk and white. My wife posts my photos for me so when she gets home Tuesday I'll post pics.

·
Premium Member
12,982 Posts
Trying to give a cat that big, a pill, was like trying to hold a spool of barbed wire chucked in a spinning lathe.
Sounds like me trying to give a pill to my daughter's Shih Tzu named Gizmo - all five pounds of him. Sorry to hear you lost Sam - losing a fur baby is hard. This is our latest, a mini-panther named Webley in her favorite observing position.
gurd cat.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
:D When my two Snowshoe Birman sisters came into heat, the step daughter finally agreed that Sam was a "HE", and shortly after an "IT".
He was a character, when the three females got into a scrap, he would stroll into the center of it, sit down, and that was the end of it. He was never really fat, just a big cat.
He hurt his hip coming down the stairs one time, and we had to give him kitty Motrin. Trying to give a cat that big, a pill, was like trying to hold a spool of barbed wire chucked in a spinning lathe. Took 3 of us to do it, and there was blood. After about the 3rd or 4th dose, he would come looking for the pill, and swallow it.
Succumbed to feline kidney disease two years ago at 18, broke her heart to put him down.
I'll never attempt to stuff a cat in the toilet ever again.:zombie:

·
Premium Member
12,982 Posts
Mac, I think Webley seems disappointed the lap disappeared.:)
Not really, the little beastie was never a lap cat. She was a shelter rescue, which had rescued her from an extremely bonkers cat lady who must've had at least fifty cats, several dogs and a goat all living under one roof. I'm told the aroma inside the house was beyond belief. At any rate, given that Webley had to compete for food I can understand her hyper vigilant, always wary kinda attitude - she follows me around like a puppy. :)

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Just try giving a cat a bath, you will see those claws up close and personal!
Use the toilet, it will self agitate, and you have a power rinse option. Just stand very clear when you open the lid :lurk:
17D8B03C-B923-4751-8989-1CB81D3B9D46.jpeg
8DD0742A-B074-49E2-A7EF-6F8ABF4D0E12.jpeg

prince and charli, admittedly they seem to belong to the kids as much me.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts