Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Belgium browning twenty

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Landerson15, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Landerson15

Landerson15 New Member

IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0784.JPG My father recently passed away and one of the guns in his possession was this browning twenty made in Belgium. The gun is in nice condition minus a couple scuffs on the barrel. I'm trying to determine the value, I've searched many forums and keep getting mixed results. The serial number starts with 7Z so I know this tells me it was the 1967 light twenty. I am having a hard time determining if the barrel is vented , as I know this increases the value. Any help would be appreciated.

2. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice Shotgun from what i can see of it. Yes it does have a vent rib barrel. Can't help you with a value though. Can you get pics of the Stock? both sides. Usually Lt 20s bring higher prices than 12s. They are less common. Hopefully someone will be able to help you with it's value.

Landerson15 and crystalphoto like this.

3. Landerson15

Landerson15 New Member

Thank you. I'm not one to just sell things for cash, I'd rather hold on to it if it'd be worth it. Here are stock photos there are a few minor scratches that don't really show up in the photos. IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0787.JPG

Attached Files:

4. lcn

lcn Well-Known Member

If it were mine and it was my fathers I would keep it and hand it down. A person does not see these shotguns every day. I would love to use that shotgun over a setting dog on a bird or two. Keep it and forget ABOUT HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH.

5. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very very nice! Oh yea it's worth holding on to. They are not making anymore Belgium Browning shotguns. And yours being in great shape and also being a light 20 will be worth more than the average A-5.

howlnmad, jwdurf and Landerson15 like this.
  6. Landerson15

Landerson15 New Member

Yes will definitely hang on to it :) it is a beautiful gun. My dad had a handful and after doing research this is def the most intriguing. Thanks for the feedback.

howlnmad likes this.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

That is one beautiful Browning. Something I would never let go of if it were me.

joe45c, Landerson15 and Firpo like this.
  8. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

One super clean Browning for sure. If you're not already a gun fan this is a good opportunity for you to expand your horizons. If you go to church tomorrow I bet you could find someone to take you to the range.

Landerson15, joe45c and howlnmad like this.