The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many pictures, info, etc. still confused. some indicate france some british etc.
The Revolver is Like new or reconditioned by a master craftsman. there is NO serial number.
The Caliber appears to be .32 Colt Short
I am posting many pictures of all information I found on the revolver including a leather holster marked 38.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
It says "Belgium" right on the barrel.
I wouldn't say it was refinished by a master craftsman-or even a craftsman.
It's just refinished.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
tI think Bill pretty well covered it, it is Belgium, not French nor British ( There is also a Belgium made " British Bulldog ", it too was made in Belgium " . yes it has been refinished ( not restored )
. it is hard to make out the proof marks but I believe it was made 1897/1898 It is hard to put a vlue on an item such as this, as the old saying gos. it is worth what ever you can get for it. They are not rare or unique , I may be wrong but I think perhaps 100 to 150 to someone who doesn't care about the lack of original finish.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This type of a Belgian Revolver with a safe action trigger belongs not to a bulldog. Why must it be refinished or restored? The R under crown stands for rifled barrel, used since 1894.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Marblekonus- because there are pits visible under the bluing, sharp corners are now dull, makings are slurred, and the hot-blued finish is not correct for a gun of that age.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This type of a Belgian Revolver with a safe action trigger belongs not to a bulldog. Why must it be refinished or restored? The R under crown stands for rifled barrel, used since 1894.
Thanks. I say refinished because the finish dosn't appear to be of the period. Did not know what the R under crown stood for. learned some thing new

Was it common for this period not to have a serial number??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts