The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in my local gun store buying ammo last week and noticed this old Beretta made in 1944 on consignment for 250 dollars. Came with the holster, two mags, and two boxes of ammo. I thought it was a good price for a cool little gun and ended up buying it on the spot. I've done some research and found that it is one of the 4UT marked Berettas sold to the German army. However in pictures of other 4UT marked Berettas I noticed that they were a dull gray color and had the 4UT stamp on the left side while mine is blued and the 4UT stamp is on the right side. Also the screw holding in the left grip panel looks to be some random screw and not the original but other than that all numbers match and everything looks good. I'm just wondering if the gun I bought is a legitimate 4UT Beretta and how much it might be worth. Thanks!

View attachment 122440 View attachment 122441 View attachment 122442 View attachment 122443 View attachment 122444 View attachment 122445 View attachment 122446 View attachment 122447 View attachment 122448 View attachment 122451

·
Super Moderator
38,396 Posts
Thanks for the good pictures, someone with the knowledge should be along soon!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'd say you did exceptionally well on that pistol for $250. I have bought many similar WW2 pistols and holsters in the past for $100 to $200 - but that was only 25 years after the War, and also when a lot of older women were selling off their late husband's "bring-backs". Not too many of these people are around anymore, and the guns are long gone.

I'm not going to be much help. You need a Beretta Collector or a Professional Appraiser. Thank you for posting some really high quality photos! Those are some of the best I've seen here. One word of advice: If you get a Beretta Collector to evaluate your pistol - don't let that person be the one who makes you an offer and buys it. Not saying your pistol is worth a fortune - just saying that people who collect these things like to get "bargains" they can brag about later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts