The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new stainless steel one from Brownells through a LGS. I told them I need one for my 92A1. I picked it up today and went to install it tonight. It looks different so I did some research on Brownell's and Cylinder-slide.com (manufacturer). It seems they are different and will not interchange. I can take this one back but I still am left with trying to find one to replace my original plastic one. The rod is a 2 piece affair which captures the spring.

where do I find a metal rod for my gun?

·
Super Moderator
41,417 Posts
I just took my 92FS apart and took a picture of the guide rod and spring, I believe the rod is that part 17 on the scheme I linked to, but I may be wrong. I am not totally sure, but the one that I see in the Brownells scheme, looks to be plastic and it would need that sleeve thing on it.

Attachments

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's time for me to hit the fart sack so I will have to post pics of my rod tomorrow. (that sounds sooo wrong)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im pretty sure the 92FS and the 92A1 have different guiderods and springs. I will look into some info I have a the home office and let you know what I find too.

·
Super Moderator
41,417 Posts
You may be right bll, I really don't know what a 92A1 is. I thought it was the same thing as the 92FS but newer :).

I just looked up Beretta 92A1 and it took me to the Beretta website, The picture looks exactly like my 92FS but with a picatinny rail on the bottom. I clicked on a picture of a spring and guide on the line of pictures below. It looks exactly like the picture I posted above, here is the link: http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-steel-recoil-spring-guide-and-recoil-spring-eu00031/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts