The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking of getting a Neos lately but cant get past the ugly factor lol. Then I realized that without the rail it wouldnt look too bad, so my question is can you remove the rail and have a shootable gun? If so, would there be any way to install sights without the rail? Any advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Zander, I don't have one of the Neos pistols but my best friend got one a while back. We joke about the looks but mainly that is because we are old farts. For the $229.00 purchase price it is a pretty good shooter. His grand kids think it looks fine. They were his reason for getting it in the first place. The trigger could have a little less creep but it is not the only pistol that complaint falls on. Using that Simmons red dot that he took off his cross bow he is able to pretty consistently hit the 8" steel disk we have hanging at 100 yards and that is good enough for me to say there isn't much wrong with the Neos. I have no idea if you can remove the rail off the top. If you just can't handle the looks then take a look at the S&W 22A which can be had in the same price range. The looks of the Neos grow on you after time, ha.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, didnt think itd be possible but it was worth a shot anyways. Thanks for the info Todd, I dont hate how it looks but just thought it would look really nice without the rail. I do like the easily mountable optics ability and the long sight radius plus they feel a little like the ruger standards to me. Thanks again for the replies.

G

·
The rail is what holed the bolt in place. Without it you would like pulling the trigger until that bolt flew back and took your face out. I love mine and they are good little shooters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the replies, didnt think itd be possible but it was worth a shot anyways. Thanks for the info Todd, I dont hate how it looks but just thought it would look really nice without the rail. I do like the easily mountable optics ability and the long sight radius plus they feel a little like the ruger standards to me. Thanks again for the replies.
It's possible. I just removed the one on mine. Two allen screws from the top and three pins from the side. Remove those, take your rear sight off and the rail pops right off. You can then reinstall the rear sight and if you had a screw in post for the front allen screw you could have iron sights without the rail. I removed mine as I'm replacing it with a green anodized one (building a theme pistol, fun times!). Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
41,364 Posts
Welcome to The Firearms Forum. This thread is 7 years old and the guy you quoted has not been here in 7 years so I don't see him seeing your post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts