The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bernardelli Model 60 in .22 LR that has what I think are factory wooden checkered target grips with a very pronounced thumbrest. I certainly intend to keep these grips, but I would also like to have a set of the factory original black plastic flat grips. So far I have been unable to find a set of the factory black plastic ones ( I don't want aftermarket reproductions). I have found a couple of sets of factory black plastic grips for the Model 80 .22 that I would use if they would fit my Model 60. Can anyone out there confirm whether or not the Model 80 grips will fit the Model 60? They certainly look like they will fit, but I may be overlooking some detail between the two pistols. I know the Model 80 grips also have a thumbrest, but I can live with that if they fit my pistol. Thanks for helping out.

· Registered
14 Posts
I have a Bernardelli Model 60 in .22 LR that has what I think are factory wooden checkered target grips with a very pronounced thumbrest. I certainly intend to keep these grips, but I would also like to have a set of the factory original black plastic flat grips. So far I have been unable to find a set of the factory black plastic ones ( I don't want aftermarket reproductions). I have found a couple of sets of factory black plastic grips for the Model 80 .22 that I would use if they would fit my Model 60. Can anyone out there confirm whether or not the Model 80 grips will fit the Model 60? They certainly look like they will fit, but I may be overlooking some detail between the two pistols. I know the Model 80 grips also have a thumbrest, but I can live with that if they fit my pistol. Thanks for helping out.
The Model 80 was just the Model 60 modified enough so that Bernardelli could continue to export it to the United States after the Gun Control Act of 1968 when into effect. They added adjustable sights, a thumb rest on the left grip panel, and the slide safety. Those features added enough "points" under the 1968 act to allow importation.
I believe the only difference is an added thumb rest on the left grip panel and they should work.
Also, how about some pictures?
Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I knew the Model 60 and Model 80 were very similar just by looking at picture of them side by side but I hadn't realized the connection with the '68 GCA. My Model 60 is actually marked on the slide as a "Model AMR". I haven't been able to ascertain what that stands for but the paperwork that came with the pistol id's it as a Model 60. Here are a couple of pic's of it. Sorry for the lighting flash,
Brown Wood Gun accessory Two-way radio Gun barrel
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info. I knew the Model 60 and Model 80 were very similar just by looking at picture of them side by side but I hadn't realized the connection with the '68 GCA. My Model 60 is actually marked on the slide as a "Model AMR". I haven't been able to ascertain what that stands for but the paperwork that came with the pistol id's it as a Model 60. Here are a couple of pic's of it. Sorry for the lighting flash, View attachment 286404 View attachment 286405
You are welcome.Very Nice! I have not seen an extended barrel version before, I would think they are scarcer.
If I remember from my research, it is a target version, hence the target grips, longer barrel & adjustable sights.
I think before '68, they had the common drift adjustable rear sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts