The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The feeding ramp on my bersa thunder is rough where the frame and barrel meet.There is a slight gap and I have noticed scratches on the ammo that i have unloaded so i guess it hangs there a little. I have not shot it very much but have only had it jam once it is just a little rough. How can I smooth that out or do I need to? Is that normal for bersa?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

here are some pics I am having trouble feeding some ammo federal hydra-shok.
the points are so wide they sometimes catch on the barrel .once it jammed when an empty casing failed to eject. it feeds rem. hollow points but they are much rounder I just got this gun and cant afford to shot it much but i want to be sure it is proven reliable thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
Polish your feed ramp. Bersas are generally very dependable little guns and have a good history. My wife carries one and so far, so good. It feeds most ammo just fine. It sounds like you just have a little bit of a rough feed ramp. Its an easy fix. At least its the first place to start....let us know...
You posted pics while I was typing..while your pics are hard to see due to the flash, it appears you have nicks in the ramp and it looks kinda rough....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Polish your feed ramp. Bersas are generally very dependable little guns and have a good history. My wife carries one and so far, so good. It feeds most ammo just fine. It sounds like you just have a little bit of a rough feed ramp. Its an easy fix. At least its the first place to start....let us know...
I posted a pic of the feed ramp is that normal for bersa or is it extremely worn and can it be polished?How would you recomnend doing it.

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
The feed ramp has never been polished(I blew up the pic.)Its too rough to have been polished and the edge is too sharp.
The mags that you have should work.
Polish the ramp (or have it done by someone who knows how to) then check it.
Try different ammo.And see if it works.
Let us know how it is doing.
Mike

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
I agree with Mike. The ramp is rough and polishing will most likely fix the problem. Just make sure not to use anything too abrasive that will remove too much metal. You only want to make it smooth and shiny. It should be like a piece of glass...

·
Premium Member
10,338 Posts
I polished the feed ramp on my 1911 by wrapping a piece of 600 grit emery paper around a fat round pencil and stroking it up and down on the ramp, moving it back and forth to get the whole ramp surface. When I began to see a bit better shine, I cleaned, lubed and re-assembled the weapon, then out to the range.
Repeated as needed, until the jams stopped.

Once polished enough to end the jamming, it should not give you further trouble; in the three decades I have shot this piece since that initial polishing, I have not had another single feed-ramp jam with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.