Best 0-100yd optics?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

Orkan
    (4/20/02 2:47:50 am)
    Reply Best 0-100yd optics?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, im new to the forum, and have just recently finished building my dream 10/22. All of the rig's ive built so far... have been intermediate to long range large bore rifles.

I would like to know what you consider to be the best scope to outfit a 0 - 100yd gun like the 10/22 with?

my favorite for intermediate range is leupold...
    my favorite for long range is burris...

What do you guys think is best for a tack-drive'n 10/22?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/20/02 8:40:21 am)
    Reply Re: Best 0-100yd optics?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi there Orkan man, it wasn't long ago I was asking the same question.
    What was suggested to me was the Tasco TG6x24x44.
    I'm totally pleased
    Check it out...www.midwayusa.com/online/productpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=103306

Larry in SD
    (4/20/02 12:17:10 pm)
    Orkan, everyone has their own favorittes when it comes to Scope Brands, and I am no different. However even more important in regards to Rimfire is a scope that will eliminate parallax at all ranges it is to be used at, and also will focus clearly.

Locally here we shooting indoors at 50 feet in the winter months, and outdoors the rest of the year. It is a tall order to have one scope that will provide parallax free, clear performance at all of these distances.

Case in point, my Cousin shoots a Ruger 10/22T with a Leupold 6.5x20x40mm Vari-X III. He uses a 50 foot focus adaptor, and it works out great. However we have just started shooting E-Mail Bench Rest Matches that are conducted outdoors at 25 yards, and 50 yards. His Vari-X III does not allow for 25 yards on the AO. He tried using it with the 50 foot focus adaptor, but that didn't work either. The bottom line is my cousin thought he had the perfect scope, but now is finding out how important the EFR version of the scope is.

Whether or not you choose a Leupold, Burris (Both offer Extended Range Focus versions), Tasco, Simmons, BSA, Weaver, Sightron, etc., this scope will need to parallax and focus at ALL ranges you intend to use it. Personally I use a Discontinued Simmons 8x32x44mm (#800116, formerly their Presidential Varmint/Target Series I think), and am very pleased with it. I like the 1/4 minute Dot Reticle (and actually think it helped my scores), as well as being able to use 32x. If I was to do it all over again, I would still look for a scope in this magnification range for the type of shooting I am doing, Indoor and Outdoor Rimfire Bench Rest, and Hunting.

Larry

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/21/02 7:55:01 am)
    Hi Orkan.....welcome to TFF.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/22/02 8:57:44 pm)
    Give the lower end Burris' a chance. The Burris is my favorite scope also. The Fullfields and Fullfield II's are very good scopes.

Edited by: shooter22 at: 4/22/02 9:58:36 pm