Best Come Back Line Of All Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultramag, May 1, 2009.

1. ultramag

ultramag New Member

This is an actual radio interview between General Reinwald of the US Army and a female interviewer from about 10 years ago. General Reinwald was hosting a group of Boy Scouts at his base.

Female Interviewer: So, General Reinwald what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

General: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

Interviewer: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it.

General: I dont't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

Interviewer: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

General: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's GREAT!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

4. artabr

artabr New Member

Dang! General Cosgrove of the Australian Army said the same exact thing. :eek: :rolleyes:

http://www.tom-phillips.info/story/story_general.cosgrove.interview.htm

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters. (BUT - read below.)

Female Interviewer:

So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

General Cosgrove:

We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

Female Interviewer:

Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

General Cosgrove:

I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

Female Interviewer:

Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

General Cosgrove:

I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

Female Interviewer:

But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

General Cosgrove:

Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

Yes, General Cosgrove is an 'Australian Treasure!'

Wikipedia Reference Digger History Reference

BUT the interviewer never happened.

Snopes
    http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

Art

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  5. ultramag

ultramag New Member

thats weird, the interview i posted with reinwald was given to me by a buddy of mine over 10 years ago. i wonder if it is an actual interview or something someone made up. i have it pinned to the wall in my gun room. it's always good for a chuckle.

6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

It IS a great story and one worth pinning to your wall for the message it contains, however it is a hoax. Even Snopes while declaring it as untrue stated that,

"Those who like their guns and who believe responsible gun ownership begins with teaching young people the right way to handle firearms at an early age have a great fondness for this story. As well they should, because this anecdote illustrates in a humorous way the difference between having the ability to do something and that ability dicatating life life choices."