The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in March of 2018 my best friend, Leroy asked me to go to Salt Lake with him as he had an appointment at the VA hospital. I said sure and I would see if my niece and nephew could let us stay with them as they lived about 25 miles from there. When we arrived at my nieces they put us up in their basement and we had a great visit. Pat is a disabled vet himself and gets care at the Salt Lake hospital. He drove us there and took us right to the clinis Leroy had the appointment for. After having the tests and seeing the Dr. Leroy was told he had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and had from 3 to 6 months. The ride home was a little somber. I asked for prayers for Leroy here and I want to thank all of you again. Against the odds Leroy fought hard and with chemo he was able to make it until Saturday 9/19. 60 plus years and it seems to short a time. Leroys wife predeceased him by 2 years. He and I joined the Montana National Guard and transferred into the US Army. We served 4 years and after getting out of the Army Leroy enlisted in the Navy spending another 6 years. A very special person and the best friend anyone could ever have. Thanks again: God bless. Dave

·
Super Moderator
38,436 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayer's for his family and for you sent.

I pray over the "prayer list" from my Church every night. There are probably 30-40 names on the list, with a good 85% of them being some sort of cancer. It is a terrible disease.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So sorry for your loss. This touches my life in so many ways. My best friend died of throat cancer, agent orange stuff. I miss him every day. We could talk about anything and everything. Remember you get maybe 1 to maybe 3 friends you will trust with your life.

·
Administrator
1911 Nut
10,974 Posts
Prayers for you.

I lost a close friend a few years ago. We were shipmates in the Navy in the 70's. We reunited 20 years ago and lived about 35 miles apart. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed his company and traveled with him and his girlfriend. He got cancer and died from it. It was devastating to both of us. I think about and miss him still today.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Prayers sent from here for both your & LeRoys families.

·
Registered
487 Posts
So sorry for your loss! Prayers lifted for all!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts