The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using IWB Crossbreed holsters for my EDC pistols for years, but am curious if there are any more comfortable IWB options that are just as good now?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Its a modular system. You can swap most of the pieces out to make them work with other firearms, rather than buying a whole new system. You can from IWB to OWB to car mount, etc very easily. I like how comfortable they are, as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a modular system. You can swap most of the pieces out to make them work with other firearms, rather than buying a whole new system. You can from IWB to OWB to car mount, etc very easily. I like how comfortable they are, as well.
I'd buy a holster for each pistol regardless as it's a PITA to change out the stuff all the time IMO. Comfort is a big deal, of course & I like the idea of going to car mount easily...especially in winter.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Think about it this way. Buy the one whole system and then the shell for the different pistols. You may not want to carry the full size IWB, the same as your compact glock. Save a little money, this way. This is just an opinion.

·
Super Moderator
40,005 Posts
Think about it this way. Buy the one whole system and then the shell for the different pistols. You may not want to carry the full size IWB, the same as your compact glock. Save a little money, this way. This is just an opinion.
The bad thing is that they do not offer the lifetime shell exchange on the ShapeShift system. I have a shell for a .45 S&W Sheild, which I sold, that I can't do a thing with.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I am a fan of Alien Gear as well.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
My IWB stuff is alien gear. I dont like the shape shifter stuff, but I love the cloak tuk.

·
GUNZILLA
6,443 Posts
I own both Crossbreed and alien gear and other custom made stuff. Unless you want to buy something new for no reason other than you are bored with Crossbreed than go ahead and buy it. Otherwise stick with what you have, no difference in comfort levels between alien gear and crossbreed and I carry full size 1911’s on those holsters.

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Super Moderator
26,873 Posts
Alien Gear, they're just as comfortable.

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm 330 pounds and tried all the name brands, all of them
sucked (imo) then at the gun show i found GULF COAST CONCEALMENT.
my SA mod_2 .45 is my daily carry and unless i'm sitting for a very long time i
forget i'm even carrying... or i have oldtimers.
i now own 6 of the holsters for my carry rotation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I own both Crossbreed and alien gear and other custom made stuff. Unless you want to buy something new for no reason other than you are bored with Crossbreed than go ahead and buy it. Otherwise stick with what you have, no difference in comfort levels between alien gear and crossbreed and I carry full size 1911’s on those holsters.
The neoprene of the Alienis no more comfy than the leather of the Crossbreed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Once I find my new backup EDC, I'm going to order from Alien Gear since I already have Crossbreed

·
Registered
43 Posts
I really like the Crossbreeds. Tried a DeSantis and another generic (sim to crossbreed) and wound up going back to the crossbreed for my Sig P365.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts