Best long term storage

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mckheean
    (8/22/02 1:54:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Best long term storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can someone give me some advice on the best oil for long term storage of my C&R's something that will last for a couple of years.I have used G96 and Hoppes but I take them out every 6 months and oil them again. Thanks Benny in NC

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/22/02 2:15:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Best long term storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Rusteprufe".....ask AntiqueDr....

1952Sniper
    (8/22/02 2:20:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Best long term storage
    By far the best way to store guns for long periods of time is to cover it with cosmoline. It's a pain in the butt to remove, but well worth it. I would have (almost) no qualms about storing my rifles at the bottom of a pond if they were packed in cosmoline. And hey, if they eventually ban my guns, that's exactly what I'll do!

Just in case you decide to go that route, you can buy 10-lb. bricks of cosmoline at www.armysurpluswarehouse.com for $15 a piece.

Otherwise, I have heard of people packing the metal parts of rifles in Vaseline.
    Es ist nicht leicht ein Gott zu sein...

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/22/02 5:05:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Best long term storage
    Here's what I've used for the past 15yrs or so www.eezox.com/ however, I would like
    to try some of that stuff Doc sells too, if he gives
    it a thumbs up, then it must be good too!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac