The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Well, you'll certainly open up a can of worms asking that for sure! I like my Traditions Canyon .50, but it's an inline and cost less than $200 so there's a lot of folks that'll say it's junk for one reason or another but it's accurate and works good and never met a deer that cared if it was shot with a sidelock or an inline...

· Registered
1,514 Posts
mine is a thumbhole stocked knight disc extreem,it will shoot one inch groups with 110 grains of loose 777 and a 300 grain barnes saboted bullet 50 cal.this is when i expect to shoot over 100 yards.the other side of the story is my tc hawken in 50 cal i use 110 grain 777 wih a 385 grain lubed bullet.this i use when my shots will be under 50 yards. old semperfi

· Registered
96 Posts
I have a Savage 10MLII. 250 yd. gun with the right load. Smokeless powder, no cleanup after shooting it once. I live where its only shotgun, handgun, archery or muzzleloader during regular season so I chose the Savage. I can also use it during the lare ML season(9 days) following reg. season.

I have a 54 cal Hawkin I use once in a while.

· Premium Member
34,287 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
A good all-round gun in this region (upstate NY) is a smooth bore. Mine's a custom-made flintlock with a 46 inch, 20 gauge barrel. It has a rear sight, and is an accurate round ball shooter for the deer hunting ranges normal hereabouts....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.