The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Well, you'll certainly open up a can of worms asking that for sure! I like my Traditions Canyon .50, but it's an inline and cost less than $200 so there's a lot of folks that'll say it's junk for one reason or another but it's accurate and works good and never met a deer that cared if it was shot with a sidelock or an inline...

·
Banned
17,476 Posts
hey where do ya get one of them ones???

beats how i do it

load 200 grains 4 mini balls and scare the things to death and pick em up

·
Registered
200 Posts
The best muzzleloader for me is the only one I own.:D

CVA in-line .50 cal. Bought it off a buddy of mine 2 years ago for 50 bucks. Extremely accurate weapon.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
So if anyone offers you any and you still don't want them, please have them send them to me !!!

Thanks.
Not likely to happen. Ms has moved primitive weapons season into the modern world with breech loading cartridge guns with smokeless powder. Don't see many inlines around here anymore.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Here in MO they've come up with an "alternative methods" season that is for muzzleloaders, centerfire pistols using expanding ammunition, archery and atlatls.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Me too... I was kinda shaking my head wondering if there was some remnants of one of the Native American Indian tribes still hunkered down here or maybe there's a bunch of Bushmen that fly in from Australia...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
mine is a thumbhole stocked knight disc extreem,it will shoot one inch groups with 110 grains of loose 777 and a 300 grain barnes saboted bullet 50 cal.this is when i expect to shoot over 100 yards.the other side of the story is my tc hawken in 50 cal i use 110 grain 777 wih a 385 grain lubed bullet.this i use when my shots will be under 50 yards. old semperfi

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Savage 10MLII. 250 yd. gun with the right load. Smokeless powder, no cleanup after shooting it once. I live where its only shotgun, handgun, archery or muzzleloader during regular season so I chose the Savage. I can also use it during the lare ML season(9 days) following reg. season.

I have a 54 cal Hawkin I use once in a while.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The best muzzleloader for me is the only one I own.:D

CVA in-line .50 cal. Bought it off a buddy of mine 2 years ago for 50 bucks. Extremely accurate weapon.
Heck yeah everyone i have owned is a very accurate muzzle loaders. i own 3 of them one is a side hammer and 2 inlines

·
Registered
55 Posts
A good all-round gun in this region (upstate NY) is a smooth bore. Mine's a custom-made flintlock with a 46 inch, 20 gauge barrel. It has a rear sight, and is an accurate round ball shooter for the deer hunting ranges normal hereabouts....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts