The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Sig Sauer Mosquito .22 and a Smith & Wesson 9mm SD9VE. Looking for a Speed Loader for the magazines for each. Have looked at Ludex Universal Magazine Speed Loader for the 9 and a
Azure Finger Gesture Plastic bottle Thumb

and the
Rectangle Font Eye glass accessory Event Eyewear

for the Mosquito. All three on Amazon.

Suggestions/Ideas?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Maglula for different calibers.
But, the Maglula doesn't state it's for a Sig .22 Mosquito. And, my wife isn't to keen on the squeezing of it to load 9mm's. She still likes the operation of the Ludex.

All we know is...........our thumbs get way to tired out at our age (73/74). Loading the .22 magazine isn't bad, but the dang 9mm can be a royal pain! IOW, as we get older, the easier things to use are better for us.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decided to get the Ludex Universal Speed Loader for the 9, the Ludex Tubular Magazine Speed Loader for the Henry .22 and the Hilljak Sig Sauer Mosquito, Trailside; GSG Firefly 22LR Magazine Speed Loader SSM Quickie Loader for the Sig Sauer .22.
If we end up not liking the Ludex one for the 9, will get the Maglula for the 9. Couldn't find anything for the Ruger 10/22 Rifle. It has a "rotary" type magazine.

· Super Moderator
45,364 Posts
Decided to get the Ludex Universal Speed Loader for the 9, the Ludex Tubular Magazine Speed Loader for the Henry .22 and the Hilljak Sig Sauer Mosquito, Trailside; GSG Firefly 22LR Magazine Speed Loader SSM Quickie Loader for the Sig Sauer .22.
If we end up not liking the Ludex one for the 9, will get the Maglula for the 9. Couldn't find anything for the Ruger 10/22 Rifle. It has a "rotary" type magazine.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looked at this, but.........it is showing a long magazine. Unless that long thing is part of the reloader, not the actual magazine that fits into the bottom of the rifle. The one that fits our Ruger 10-22 Rifle is sort of square/round and the ammo rotates in the cylinder.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do not have one of these loaders, but it says it if for the 10/22, and yes a couple of the pictures show a 25 round magazine but if you go a little further down on the page it shows the 10 round rotary magazine also.
I just seen that. But, we will wait on this reloader, because we don't use our Ruger 10/22 that much. And, the rotatory magazine isn't that hard to load by hand. Definitely not like the 9 or the Mosquito.

I have the maglula for both the 10-22 and the 9mm.
They are flawless.
Good to hear/read. Like I've already stated, if the Ludex doesn't work that well for us, will definitely get the Maglula.

· Super Moderator
45,364 Posts
I just seen that. But, we will wait on this reloader, because we don't use our Ruger 10/22 that much. And, the rotatory magazine isn't that hard to load by hand. Definitely not like the 9 or the Mosquito.
That is pretty much why I have never bought one. I did buy some off brand loader for my Kel-Tec P-17 but it was such a piece of junk that I stuck it back in the box and threw it in the trash.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the Hilljak for the Sig Sauer Mosquito .22 the other day and was blown away at how easy it was to us. I put a 5-Star review for it on Amazon.
Got the Ludex Speedloader yesterday for the Smith & Wesson 9mm SD9VE and tried it out this morning. It's ok, but not as easy as I thought. Got to push down on the magazine (into the Speedloader) to get the ammo into the magazine. To hard for my wife to do it. So, will go to local store tonight and get the Maglula, which is sold for the same cost as on Amazon. Just hope she can squeeze the reloader. If not...........?
The Ludex Tubular Magazine Speed Loader will be arriving in a couple of days and will see how that works for loading the Henry Lever-Action .22.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought the Maglula 9mm Quick Reloader last night and tried it out this afternoon. Once I got use to it, loads the magazine really quick. Squeeze and load...........just can't be any easier than that! Wife can use this one also, but it will take her more time to really learn to use it. But, she can use it.

Got the Ludex Tubular Magazine Speed Loader today and still have to try it out. This is for our Henry Lever-Action .22.

Boy do these magazine reloaders work and definitely save on the thumb!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts