Best trigger weight for carry gun.

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 9, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

PCAD12
    (2/25/03 11:21:03 am)
    Reply Best trigger weight for carry gun.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a SA custom loaded that came witha trigger pull im estimating between 5-6 lbs. While we dont have a ccw law in this state, i do like to carry it around on outings, fishing trips, etc. I would like to get the trigger worked over a little bit but i dont want to go too light.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 12:37:46 pm)
    Re: Best trigger weight for carry gun.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I like 4.25-4.5...that is just me.
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ruffit's Bestus Buddy*

bigboom338
    (2/25/03 3:48:44 pm)
    Reply Re: Best trigger weight for carry gun.
    PCAD12, if your gun is new take the allen wrench SA provided and stick it in the trigger and twist till you get the desired effect you want (adjustable trigger is standard on a "Loaded")
    "Aim small miss small"

PCAD12
    (2/25/03 5:31:32 pm)
    Reply trigger
    Thanks guys. 4-4.5 sounds good to me.

Bompa
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 8:15:57 pm)
    Reply Re: trigger
    Bigboom the adjustable trigger is misnamed..All it adjusts is over travel.. If the screw is in too far it will not let the trigger
    release the sear,it can be taken out and not be missed at all..