The Firearms Forum banner

BEWARE Skinner5553 on ********* AuctionArms & eBay

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jeanp1948 
#1 ·
I purchased a "NEW" rimfire rifle from skinner5553.

When the rifle arrived it was filthy and the mag showed more wear than a mag I have for the same model, different caliber, rifle I've had for over 2 years.

When I asked them all they could say was that it was new when they bought it 7 years prior. No answer as to where the filth and wear came from.

I asked for more than the standard return which would cause me to eat shipping, handling and insurance both ways.

They threw a fit and complained to the operators of the website and misrepresented what I was asking for.

When I went ahead and left negative feedback, they pulled strings to get the operator fo the website to remove my negative feedback.

I would be very cautious dealing with skinner5553 based on my experience.

Their feedback looks really good, but who knows how many negatives they got removed other than the one I posted.

I have all the communications and photos of the "NEW" rifle if anyone cares to see them.

Proceed cautiously.

See less See more
#2 ·
Tarkio:

that's why I only sell on eBay. My daughter buys her college text books and has had no problems.
As far as firearm auction sites I have dealt with *********.com for years buying and selling and have not had any problems except one bad mouther who didn't know s*** from shinola.
I don't think AuctionArms.com has as much business as *********.com.

#3 ·
I've been dealing with AA for about 7 yrs now and have never had problems with Manny or any of the sellers I've dealt with.

I'll dang sure watch out for skinner5553. Thanks for the heads up.

#5 ·
The site in question has complained about posts made on TFF regarding their site. Since we don't have the manpower to police every single post that mentions their site, the only alternative is to block any mention of it at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.