The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Black MZ, Alliant powder's black powder substitute? Any opinions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well this is an old post but what the heck? I am in Alabama and NOBODY carries that black powder substitute. I would like to get a pound and try it out after reading about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a chance to buy a pound of this powder a couple of weeks ago. It is expensive but does shoot great and cleans easy. It also shoots accurate in two of my rifles so far. Give it a try........

·
TFF Chaplain
20,438 Posts
Thanks, gunner69;
I'll have to check it out. I'm having trouble finding Pyrodex.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took a trip to Columbus, GA, today and purchased another pound of Black MZ. Been raining a lot in Alabama in the last few weeks so haven't had a chance to shoot much.

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
easier to clean than triple 7 pellets?

new guy to muzzle loading. I have yet to even pull the trigger but that will change tomorrow.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,438 Posts
easier to clean than triple 7 pellets?

new guy to muzzle loading. I have yet to even pull the trigger but that will change tomorrow.
Enjoy the shooting. Let us know how it went.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Black MZ is clean burning and easy to clean up. I don't shoot powder pellets myself, I like loose powder. With the humidity (sp?) in Alabama I need all the help I can in keeping my firearm as free of corrosion as I can. Seems that Black MZ is going to be my powder of choice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can anyone tell me who makes the Black MZ powder sub?
Where they are located or how to contact them?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Black MZ is clean burning and easy to clean up. I don't shoot powder pellets myself, I like loose powder. With the humidity (sp?) in Alabama I need all the help I can in keeping my firearm as free of corrosion as I can. Seems that Black MZ is going to be my powder of choice.
I live next door In Ms. and have no problem with real black or Pyrodex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts