BLACKHAWK DOWN MOVIE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 12:36:09 pm)
    Reply BLACKHAWK DOWN MOVIE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just recently seen this movie on satilite TV, and it really peod me how the Army Commanders botched this Somalia deal with the choppers going down and our guys getting shot to crap like doll rags...lack of support in event of being isolated and cut-off from main thrust team.

I hate to criticize our feerless leaders who command our combat units like those...but come on, leaving yourself wide open from LPG, ground to air, ground to ground. Don't we have tanks that can push through a bunch of burning rubber tires and clear the roads for access to support troops.

What about air to ground rockets from the choppers, all I seen was some miniguns spitten a few burst.

What about blowing the crap out of known buildings that house Somalian thugs with air support, we did have fixed wing aircraft in that area didn't we?

What was the Army CIC thinking of...a quick drive in with the Humbries and snatch and grab with no side effects...the CIC should have been fired and demoted to pfc.

I don't want to see another Viet Nam, Korea, wars that we are not commited to with full force to protect our troops.

Just my humble opinion, which are like flatulant and soon passes away.

GG

Edited by: AGunguy at: 12/31/02 3:24:41 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 1:59:36 pm)
    Re: BLACKHAWK DONW MOVIE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are right GG it was a major SNAFU. A bunch of soldiers died because of it. It was poor planning starting at the President.
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 3:38:02 pm)
    Reply Re: BLACKHAWK DOWN MOVIE
    Boy, you said it...Clinton was CIC of the CIC, a gutless wonder incharge of our military forces. Its a wonder those drive Somalian thugs didn't come over here and take over DC with a few flat bed pickup trucks.

Recently a couple of drive by artist had Maryland, DC, and Virginia held up with a blue chevy with a hole in the trunk to shoot from.

What ever happen to plan ahead for the worst case scenario.

GG

Edited by: AGunguy at: 12/31/02 3:40:00 pm

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 4:50:29 pm)
    Re: BLACKHAWK DOWN MOVIE
    GG: Having a son in the Marines I couldn't even bring myself to watch this Clusterf**k. These boys were originally sent in with empty guns, about the same mentality that caused the Ca. riots to escalate, send in the N.G. with no ammo!! It really scares me.
    Life is not:easy, fair or cheap and sometimes bad things happen to good people..:)

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 7:40:31 pm)
    Hey GG
    hey GG

Not to get an old argument going again but

Quote:
    What ever happen to plan ahead for the worst case scenario.

Isn't that what GW is trying to do and getting the worst for it?

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 9:43:39 pm)
    Reply Re: Hey GG
    My good sir, I will withhold my judgement until all the cards are played...then cast aspersions at dubya if he screws up on the big oil squeeze play on Saddamn Insane.

Then he's got to handle the NKs with the same gusto and we know where that going to go...only problem with that one...there's no big oil involved.

GG

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 11:54:10 pm)
    Re: Hey GG
    agunguy, forget basing your opinions on the movie. It did a fairly good job, but you should read the real tale / book.

The local commanders you are lambasting did indeed repeatedly request and demand reinforcment with heavy armor, and were denied it by a combination of Theatre command and State Dept on eht etheory that they 'didn't want to 'escalate' the situation.

and about the last L.A. riots - the LAPD and Nat'l Guard were getting rocks thrown at them, and were being sorely abused, and were laying down and taking it, for the most part.
    Those areas under the responsibility of the LASD and Marines were a different story. They were kicking ass and taking names. Some punk tried to run over some Marines at one roadblock / checkpoint, and they opened up on him and turned him into swiss cheese.

Rich

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/1/03 12:49:01 am)
    Yea, rayra. I seen a little of the real story on TV, that actually interviewed the one chopper pilot who was captured by the Somalian thugs.

The movie kind of down played his role I thought. The guy went through hell when his gun ran out of ammo, the Somalians were on him to cut him to pieces...but some dude saved his broken body for propaganda purposes.

What got me, was at the end of the movie they show reinforcements coming to town...including tanks...pure BS.

Also, the movie did not potray our government politicians were behind the restrictions you talked about concerning the Army CIC. But who knows, it could have been that way...we'll probably never get the straight of it.

But you can bet Clinton had his dirty hands on the fiasco.

GG

hope6970
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 1:42:52 am)
    Teehee1,

It is understandable why you wouldn't want to watch the movie. If I had a son in the military I wouldn't have either.

A few days ago my husband decided he would watch the movie, We Were Soldiers Once and Young. A movie that we had been putting off watching. Knowing someone who went through that and didn't make it out, brought it all back again and I couldn't finish the movie.

There are so many things in the movies that are so distorted but the theme is still there, no getting away from the reality.

Hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.