Blasphemous, Sacreligious, or ___?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 4EvrLearning, Apr 27, 2009.

1. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Words almost fail me. It is the most insensitive and hurtful thing I have seen for some time.

The people behind it are either very stupid indeed, or know exactly what they are doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009

3. artabr

artabr New Member

This is not going to be recieved very well at all.
    If this were to even be suggested in an Islamic type setting the "artist" would be dead by now.

I'm pretty much speechless. :( :mad:

Art

4. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

What in the world are people THINKING doing something like this?

5. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

I'm definitely not speechless. But I won't type what I'm thinking because it will likely come out as all asterisks anyhow.:mad:

6. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Some people court controversy as a way of getting attention. As a working artist I have the power to do the same. A dramatic painting that causes offence to a religion would be a sure way to make the front page. Getting me lots of attention, and no doubt money.

Unlike this artist, I would never, could never do such a thing.

7. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Thanks! Heard about this, been looking for a link! At the moment they unvail this painting a Smart Bomb should strike, taking out the painting, the artist, and anyone there to support his/her work!

8. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I am disgusted by this.

9. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I am truly disgusted by the fact that some people actually view him this way.
    I don't necessarily have disgust for the artist, who MAY just be putting an image on what many already believe; the painting could HELP our side, actually, by uniting us against BO.

10. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

God, I hope so!

11. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    But as to anyone who accepts the "coronation" of the thorny crown, the proof's in the pudding - let's see what they do and how they perform after the crucifixion.

"For when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet, Daniel, standing in the holy place, then you shall know that the time is near."

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  12. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Clark's Obama sculpture, riding a donkey at the Iowa Capitol

In January, artist Matthew J. Clark paraded a sculpture of Obama riding a donkey and preceded by waving palm fronds, reminiscent of Jesus' entry into Jerusalem in the 21st chapter of Matthew as foretold by the prophet Zechariah: "Behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass."

Above is an excerpt from the WND article. I think the ass is riding the donkey. :eek: :D:D

Oh yeah, this is done just to excite the masses, both for and against Obozo. Like many others, if I posted what I was thinking, it would be a plethora of asterisks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Remember: What doesn't kill us, will make us stronger.

13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

This guy is just another Obamite trying to get his 15 minutes of fame and make some coin off his messiah. I don't think Barry is the Anti-Christ. He stumbles too much and some people seem to be waking up and throwing off the brainwashing. I DO think, however, that Barry is setting things up for the Anti-Christ to come onto the scene.

You know what kind of Barry Art I'd like to see? A picture of Barry being thrown onto a plane and sent back to Kenya! The land of his birth could benefit from some of his "leadership"

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  14. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I forwarded this to a friend and she said 'maybe if the crown at least made the false messiah bleed, I would have felt better about it'.

With all the screwy things he's done since he has been in office, I tend to think he and his supporters and "followers" are absolutely ridiculous. What doesn't kill us, will make us stronger, indeed.

15. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

I tend to agree with your "15 mins. of fame" assessment, bcj. Even so, it still makes me shudder when I view that painting, for several reasons.

I completely agree with your statement above which I've put in bold.

Won't it be interesting to see what kind of statement is made by "B" or his admin. when this is unveiled? Will he ignore it, denounce it, or smile it off? THAT will be a most telling moment, I think.