The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a jar of BLC-2 awhile back just because it was the only powder the store had . Loaded up some test loads but hadn't had a chance to shoot them till today . Like normal the lowest charge was the most accurate with a 150gr spitzer flat bottom bullet . The higher charged test loads started vertical stringing . IMR4320 did almost as good with lower charge also as the BLC-2 . I had heard of people using 4320 but hadn't heard anything on BLC-2 and took more reach to find results .

·
Super Moderator
27,000 Posts
I just went and looked at Hodgdons site, they don't list a load for 4320.

Reactions: soonerfan66

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right But it was is listed in my Hornady 9th edition reloading manual and found info of other 303 data else were . I don't know of any load I have that doesn't get the best accuracy with lower charges . Except maybe some black powder cartridges but even they are far from max loads listed ..

·
GUNZILLA
6,498 Posts
My experience as well, my rifles are most accurate at the lower velocity ranges. Good thing, I get to load an extra 5 to 10 rounds with the powder charge differences.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
421 Posts
IMR 4320 has been discontinued so you might want to start working with other powders since you won’t be able to purchase this one in the future. If we can still find powder!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
BL_C2 isn't a bad powder. Burns dirty but still good. It is what the military used in 7.62NATO.

Decent charge weights, and meters well. I use it for plinking powder in 5.56 or at least used to because it and CFE223 were the two cheapest powders on the market for those loads for years but not now. Other then the dirty burn, and the different odor it has when fired I have no issues with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts