The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
TFF Chaplain
18,903 Posts
They want it to go back to tribalism like they had in Africa.
It was the tribal leaders in Africa that captured and sold their people into slavery. They should be demanding reparations against black leaders in Africa.

Over 1 1/2 million Irish were sold into slavery by the British.
Not to mention the people who were sent to the Colonies from Scotland and England because of their religious beliefs during the 1600's.

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
Not to mention the people who were sent to the Colonies from Scotland and England because of their religious beliefs during the 1600's.
My earliest American ancestor on my mother's side of the family debarked ship at Salem Colony in 1628 at the ripe old age of ten years. He was unaccompanied by any of his family members who stayed behind in Kent, England. I have always suspected that he was sold into servitude by his parents.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
It was the tribal leaders in Africa that captured and sold their people into slavery. They should be demanding reparations against black leaders in Africa.
This was true. It was horrific that even English religious minorities and Scots were force to immigrate to 'the Colonies' as well as Australia. I don't know if they were traded or sold like animals as were the Irish. Someone reading my post may think I have a hatred or resentment of the English. That isn't the case - some of the very finest people I've ever met were English. For me to feel otherwise would make me as ignorant as the Black Power/BLM crowd is today.

Africans captured Africans, sold them to Arab Slave Traders - who sold the captives to the world slave market. Funny - I must have missed the "calls" from the Black Power/BLM folks about "reparations" from Middle Eastern nations or other Africans still on that continent. Maybe if we just be patient they will post those demands.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
My earliest American ancestor on my mother's side of the family debarked ship at Salem Colony in 1628 at the ripe old age of ten years. He was unaccompanied by any of his family members who stayed behind in Kent, England. I have always suspected that he was sold into servitude by his parents.
Most often they weren't "sold by their parents". Do you really believe that your ancestors willingly "sold a 10 year old child" into slavery? The ruling class of Europe were much like the Liberal powerful "Elite" class we see in the United States today. To them, human beings of "the Lower Classes" were on par with livestock (often the animal livestock was MORE valuable!). This wasn't just England - but also in France, Russia and all over Europe.

If we're not careful it will happen here, too.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,903 Posts
English religious minorities and Scots were force to immigrate to 'the Colonies' as well as Australia.
They were "forced"...they were imprisoned, tried, and sentenced to so many years in the Colonies of Australia and the Americas. They were locked in the holds of leaky ships and sent off. One captain in England, when he learned what his cargo was, refused to set sail. The prisoners were eventually set free, and made their way back home to Scotland. Another foundered off the coast of Orkney.

Sorry...this is thread drift. But on the other hand, this is about how BLM is trying to destroy Christianity in America. The government tried to do that in Britain back in the 1600's and didn't succeed. In fact, Christianity was stronger in Scotland when all was said and done.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
My Father's family had members imprisoned and shipped to Australia in those bad old days. Forced colonization. Men, women, even children. Any offense, however slight, was enough to get jailed and then shipped out. No different from slaves.
Now, where the "H" is my reparation payment!?

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts

The inconvenient truth.
The anti American crowd wants you to believe that white men went to Africa with giant nets.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
The inconvenient truth.
The anti American crowd wants you to believe that white men went to Africa with giant nets.
The DEms keep massaging history (and the facts) they'll soon have Lincoln as the Grand Wizard of the KKK, John Brown (who's mouldering in the grave) a rabid slave hunter, etc...bastiches all...but when you are dealing with essentially stupid people you can get away with such lies..

·
TFF Chaplain
18,903 Posts
SO,you're saying Obama needs to pay reparations?:cool::D
1)The black leaders in Africa sold their own people into slavery.

2) He can afford it.

3) He should do a whole lot more than pay reparations, but that probably will never happen.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
He should do a whole lot more than pay reparations, but that probably will never happen.
He sure didn't do anything for "his" people.:rolleyes::oops:
Would he be classed as an "Uncle Tom"?
Sure didn't know how to relate to HIS black people and wouldn't even relate to HIS WHITE grandparents either.:mad: Too good for that??
Not many liked the CHANGE did they.:oops:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Now they have turned their attention on "white Jesus". They want any statue, painting or stained glass portraying a Jesus and Mary as white removed.

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/op-ed/492738-white-jesus-shaun-king-statues-blm/amp/
I say that we portray Jesus as a typical member of the Jewish folks from around 2000 years ago. Meaning not white, but olive complexion, dark wavy hair, brown eyes, average height and build. Maybe put him in a not so clean white robe of the era?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
A bunch of uneducated bla ks still believe ancient Egyptians were black africans. Wrong. In their own artwork, they show themselves clearly different from blacks.

Reactions: SeeMor Guns

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I say that we portray Jesus as a typical member of the Jewish folks from around 2000 years ago. Meaning not white, but olive complexion, dark wavy hair, brown eyes, average height and build. Maybe put him in a not so clean white robe of the era?
That would probably be a more accurate portrayal. It would also not change anything in the message of his teachings.

·
Premium Member
5,277 Posts
I believe anyone has the right to portray Jesus as looking like any race they choose. I've even seen feminists portray Him as a woman. That being said, I definitely would be offended if Jesus was portrayed as a transgender. I have to draw the line somewhere.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Jesus was born in Palestine. Most folks I seen that were Palestinian were more brown. Anyway, they must think we give a hoot what they think about Jesus.
Sorry, Jesus was a Palestinian?

Jesus is a Hebrew, a Jew. Palestinians are a contrivance of the post 1948 war against Israel that ousted Jordanian citizens, well self removed themselves actually, and they were and still are used as pawns against Israel to regain land, little by little. But there never was a people known as Palestinian before the self removed "refugees" were not reassimulated back into Jordan that is their real heritage.

Palestine is the name the Romans gave to this land after they were conquered, but again, it is an artificial construct of a people that never existed.

The Jews on the other hand, all that I know are essentially as white as any Caucasian Gentile I have met. Many of the docs I worked with were Jewish and they are not brown skinned at all. Of all the Jewish folks I have met, they were all VERY light skinned in color.
jaredkushnermbs.jpg

41 - 60 of 77 Posts