The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I believe anyone has the right to portray Jesus as looking like any race they choose. I've even seen feminists portray Him as a woman. That being said, I definitely would be offended if Jesus was portrayed as a transgender. I have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't think Jesus really cares about the artistic dalliances. As long as we are following his truth, I believe he is as happy as can be.
Sorry, Jesus was a Palestinian?

Jesus is a Hebrew, a Jew. Palestinians are a contrivance of the post 1948 war against Israel that ousted Jordanian citizens, well self removed themselves actually, and they were and still are used as pawns against Israel to regain land, little by little. But there never was a people known as Palestinian before the self removed "refugees" were not reassimulated back into Jordan that is their real heritage.

Palestine is the name the Romans gave to this land after they were conquered, but again, it is an artificial construct of a people that never existed.

The Jews on the other hand, all that I know are essentially as white as any Caucasian Gentile I have met. Many of the docs I worked with were Jewish and they are not brown skinned at all. Of all the Jewish folks I have met, they were all VERY light skinned in color. View attachment 223898
I think if you put the pictured man into the setting that was Jesus' life, he would have a much darker tan than he has in the picture. I don't think he was black but I do feel his skin was darker than ours simply because of the circumstances of which he lived while here on earth.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Jesus was born in Palestine. Most folks I seen that were Palestinian were more brown. Anyway, they must think we give a hoot what they think about Jesus.
Sorry, Jesus was a Palestinian?

Jesus is a Hebrew, a Jew. Palestinians are a contrivance of the post 1948 war against Israel that ousted Jordanian citizens, well self removed themselves actually, and they were and still are used as pawns against Israel to regain land, little by little. But there never was a people known as Palestinian before the self removed "refugees" were not reassimilated back into Jordan that is their real heritage.

Palestine is the name the Romans gave to this land after they were conquered, but again, it is an artificial construct of a people that never existed.

The Jews on the other hand, all that I know are essentially as white as any Caucasian Gentile I have met. Many of the docs I worked with were Jewish and they are not brown skinned at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is my limited understanding that Jesus was born in Bethlehem which was in Palestine thus, in my mind makes Him a Palestinian Jew. We have American Jews...
George Jones sang that he was a Jew and a Palestinian too. :) (just kiddin')

Joel 3:4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe anyone has the right to portray Jesus as looking like any race they choose. I've even seen feminists portray Him as a woman. That being said, I definitely would be offended if Jesus was portrayed as a transgender. I have to draw the line somewhere.
It offends me to see him portrayed with long hair.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Jesus cares about the truth and the truth is He is a Jewish man, born of the sons of Abraham of the land of Ur. He is a son of Shem, Abraham, David and the house of David. Making up stories that Jesus was a black man outside of that lineage is not the truth.

It makes no difference since Jesus did not die for White men, or Black men, or Brown men. He died for ALL men and took away the sins of the world. the Bible tells us that ALL men are of one blood. We make a big deal, or some folks do, about whether he was white, black or brown but fail to understand He is the savior of all men everywhere.

The heritage of the Jewish nation is not a mystery. It is what it is and making a false narrative about the Black Jesus is just that, a false narrative.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
It is my limited understanding that Jesus was born in Bethlehem which was in Palestine thus, in my mind makes Him a Palestinian Jew. We have American Jews...
George Jones sang that he was a Jew and a Palestinian too. :) (just kiddin')

Joel 3:4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;
The old testament does talk of Pslestine which is derived from Philistia. But the word Palestine is not found anywhere in the NT. Where does the Bible say Jesus was born?

Matthew 2:2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judæa in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2 saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. 3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. 5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judæa: for thus it is written by the prophet, 6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

The land was called Judea during the entire life of Christ.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judea_(Roman_province)

Israel was not called Palestine by the Romans until the second century as Sytia-Palestina
Just to show Israel was conquered and had no claim to the land.

Here is an interesting discussion on this topic.

https://honestreporting.com/jesus-was-jew-not-palestinian/

Nowhere in the Bible is Christ called a Palestinian Jew. He is called Jesus Christ of Nazareth, a Galilean born in Judea.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Nice try. :)
You don't have to believe a word I state, but the Bible is a "nice try" and the history of the Romans calling it Palestine in the 2nd century is a "nice try."

So be it. Believe as you will, but no, calling Jesus a Palestinian Jew is not at all Biblical, especially when you consider that Palestine is derived from Philistines.

So, David Killed the relative of Jesus, the Giant Goliath?? if as you state he is then a "Philistine" Jew.

No, the Bible is quite clear on this issue as always.

Micah 5:2 2 But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah,
though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,
yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;
whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

So, if Jesus is from Judah and is ruler over Israel FROM EVERLASTING, that would include today.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That would make an interesting survey - what do the Black folks in churches think of how Jesus is portrayed as white, blond and looking like he is from Sweden or the shores of Calif?

My guess would be that they would just shake their heads at the foolishness of it all. I wonder why Scripture never described His features. Certainly His disciples could have if they had been led to by the Holy Spirit. But, it seems to be conspicuously absent from the Gospels.

Reactions: Alaska444

·
TFF Chaplain
18,854 Posts
I've been thinking it over for a few days.

They are applying the same fake news/science thinking to this that global warming people are applying to the conclusions they want to impose on the world. Same thing with the "gender fluidity" ideas, economics and politics, and a few other things.

They jump to a conclusion, an image they want, then, regardless of the real facts, twist ideas and bend truth until it fits their ideas.

There is a report of a bishop in the Church of England who has now proudly set up a picture of the Last Supper with a black Jesus. I haven't looked at it yet, so I don't know what races the disciples are. But that just flies in the face of facts. Jesus was born a Jew, into a Jewish family. He is Jewish by race. Jews are fair-skinned people. To say he is black is to impose wishful or fanciful thinking on history.

It's just another episode of people wanting to believe a lie. They have been doing that all through history, and it seems the lies are coming faster and more intensely in the last few years.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
ShowImage.ashx.jpeg
That would make an interesting survey - what do the Black folks in churches think of how Jesus is portrayed as white, blond and looking like he is from Sweden or the shores of Calif?

My guess would be that they would just shake their heads at the foolishness of it all. I wonder why Scripture never described His features. Certainly His disciples could have if they had been led to by the Holy Spirit. But, it seems to be conspicuously absent from the Gospels.
Yes, there is no description of Jesus in the gospels, but there are some who believe His countenance is given in the Song of Solomon. I have not found a second witness of this if that is true, so I am a bit ambivalent on whether this is a prophecy of Jesus or just a description of Solomon.

Even if it is only a description of Solomon, it describes the lineage of Jesus.

Song of Solomon 5:My beloved is white and ruddy,
the chiefest among ten thousand.

11 His head is as the most fine gold,
his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
12 His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters,
washed with milk, and fitly set.
13 His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers:
his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.
14 His hands are as gold rings set with the beryl:
his belly is as bright ivory overlaid with sapphires.
15 His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold:
his countenance is as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.
16 His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely.
This is my beloved, and this is my friend,
O daughters of Jerusalem.

Here is a plate made from an elephant tusk. The Bible is clear in the above passage, Jesus and the Jews are people of white heritage. Just like most today.
fullsizeoutput_c9f.jpeg

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
I've been thinking it over for a few days.

They are applying the same fake news/science thinking to this that global warming people are applying to the conclusions they want to impose on the world. Same thing with the "gender fluidity" ideas, economics and politics, and a few other things.

They jump to a conclusion, an image they want, then, regardless of the real facts, twist ideas and bend truth until it fits their ideas.

There is a report of a bishop in the Church of England who has now proudly set up a picture of the Last Supper with a black Jesus. I haven't looked at it yet, so I don't know what races the disciples are. But that just flies in the face of facts. Jesus was born a Jew, into a Jewish family. He is Jewish by race. Jews are fair-skinned people. To say he is black is to impose wishful or fanciful thinking on history.

It's just another episode of people wanting to believe a lie. They have been doing that all through history, and it seems the lies are coming faster and more intensely in the last few years.
It's a symptom of racism.
Not the racism that the lamestream wants you to think is going on.
No, it's more projection from the liberals. They are the racists, yet as usual, they accuse others of their own sins.
These people see EVERYTHING in color. That's all they see. Jesus isn't black? Racism. Vanilla ice cream is white? Racist.
It consumes them. They are ill.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts