The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Belgium made BLR 308. When levering the action the hammer will rub against the bottom of the bolt, causing wear on both and a draging, sticking that changes the smooth levering to a much more difficult one. I can't believe this is normal. When holding the hammer down, there is no rubbing. the hammer will move about 3/16 th of an inch. I have not taken the BLR action apart, but I am wondering if there is excessive wear on the fire control parts or if something is out of spec. Any suggestions on what to do to correct the problem of Hammer rubbing on bolt?

· Registered
3,727 Posts
The hammer must contact the bolt in order to cock. How bad does it drag? There will always be some but if its scoring the bottom of the bolt then something is wrong but what your describing is normal.

· Registered
3,727 Posts
Its going too if its contacting the bolt. The blr is a geared action and it should be smooth but there will be some tension. if its gritty then it needs to be looked at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.