The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Awesome! I really really REALLY like those rifles! I wish there were more semi-automatic 7.62x54R rifles out there. SVT40s and Dragunov go for ridiculous prices. Wish there was something like an SKS but x54R. What kind of scope is that?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The scope is an Inter Ordnance 8x42 made in Belarus.The retical lights up red. This one i bought years ago, scope came with it. I do have another on thats in the beginning stages of being built i hope to have it done by the end of summer.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Awesome! I really really REALLY like those rifles! I wish there were more semi-automatic 7.62x54R rifles out there. SVT40s and Dragunov go for ridiculous prices. Wish there was something like an SKS but x54R. What kind of scope is that?
Take a look at the Saiga. Mine is .308, scoped, and sports 25 round mags. In this picture it only has the 10 rd mag.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
You can add that one to my "Want to shoot" list ! Looks great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Take a look at the Saiga. Mine is .308, scoped, and sports 25 round mags. In this picture it only has the 10 rd mag.
That thing looks awesome! So it's a VEPR in .308? I'd like a 7.62x54R mainly cause of ammo availability and cost. Can still get 440 rounds spam cans for ~$100. Even 7.62x39 costs more. However I was reading that many semi-auto x54R's don't like the heavy ball ammo made for Mosin Nagants...

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
That thing looks awesome! So it's a VEPR in .308? I'd like a 7.62x54R mainly cause of ammo availability and cost. Can still get 440 rounds spam cans for ~$100. Even 7.62x39 costs more. However I was reading that many semi-auto x54R's don't like the heavy ball ammo made for Mosin Nagants...
It's just an AK chambered for .308. 3" groups at 100 yards, 6" groups at 200, etc. That's about all you can wring out of this gun, but it will send a bunch of big bullets down range in a hurry! I don't want any body shooting at me inside 400 yards with one of these!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts