Bob Ferguson is at it again

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 2A-Jay, Jan 9, 2017.

1. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

He's modeling this bill after states le New York and Connecticut? You're screwed.

joe45c and dbcooper like this.

3. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

It didn't work last time. and failed. Washington has told him no before.

4. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Besides that, it would only apply to new purchases made after it became a law, if it ever does. I do not own any military style weapons, yet, and those I am looking to own in the near future will have max capacity of 8 rounds anyway. Except maybe my uncles M1 Carbine, he does have some 15 round magazines for it.

5. Kweeksdraw

Kweeksdraw Well-Known Member

That's how they did it in Britain and Australia. Divide and conquer. Shotgunners, rifles, semi autos. No one opposed the laws until it affected their discipline.
    Ten years ago I got tired of the news and political whining about "assault rifles". I never cared for them. I'm a walnut and blued steel guy. But I was seeing that EVERY decision our leaders were making was WRONG. So I bought me an M-4 for Christmas. They were also whining about magazines, so I bought the biggest one the store had. Now I'm not going to say it is my favorite firearm. But it is so handy and a pleasure to shoot. My neighbor used to say there was no place for assault rifles. But now he calls it a coyote gun:D
    My best friend, 80 years young called the other day and said hey I just bought a Bushmaster. Two months later his wife bought one. I bought an M&P with 17 round standard magazine for next Christmas, just to be deplorable.

AaronW, Twicepop, rawright54 and 2 others like this.
  6. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Since the guns I currently own are all Grandfathered according to the way the new law is written (it is really not a new law, but rather a change to an existing law) Any legal gun I now own will not be affected unless I try to sell the gun to a private party (unless the private party is an FFL holder) will not be affected by the amendment to the existing law. Also given the fact that a majority of the states Democraps are Shooting and hunting enthusiasts it might not have a chance of passing anyway. Reading through the changes it is the same thing he tried to get passed last year and didn't succeed.

7. drec

drec Well-Known Member

We don't need any new laws in Washington. All of the laws that they put in place a few years ago haven't done anything.

rawright54 and Conman like this.
  8. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

you guys had a big 2A march against the new laws didn't you?

crystalphoto and firefighter1635 like this.
  9. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

If we did I didn't hear about it. Or it may have happened before I moved up here I have only been here almost 2 years. Though seems to me that there was something that happened in Crazy Town (Seattle), but I won't go to Seattle for anything. To many loons for me.

10. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

rawright54 likes this.
  11. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I tried to respond, using the NRA site, but it's so badly programmed that it wants to send my letter to Washington Senators and Representatives, not AZ legislators. With all the money I've sent to them, I'd think they could have hired a competent programmer. :mad:

12. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

I filled out the Petition and sent it to my State people. Then I closed the site and reopened it to get a link to the article to post here. I wonder if that had some left over info that you saw.

13. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Well, Fergusons Ban on "Assault Rifles and LCM's" Died without a whimper, but his bill 1122 has been changed (the one about locking up guns when not in use) and is going forward for a vote. Likely to lose as well.