Bob in Stl - some Spanish steel for you

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/03 10:53:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Bob in Stl - some Spanish steel for you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know if you get the Empire preview list or not, but anyway...

SPANISH Model Vilar Ruby-type semiautomatic pistol # 52174 (.32 ACP) mfg. by Retolaza Hermanos in c.1915. Good condition with around 50% original bluing on frame and nearly totally browned slide. Bore is slightly pitted but strong, checkered walnut grips have a ¾" square superficial area on each side. Quite crudely made, these "Ruby" pistols were nonetheless favorites of French officers during WWI, who bought over 700,000 of them. Action a bit "sticky" but certainly worth what we are asking for it. Not import-marked. PHOTO . . . $135. C&R

SPANISH "Martian" semiautomatic pistol # 3102 (.25 ACP), mfg. by Martin Bascaran, Eibar in 1934. Very Good condition, with 80% fading bluing and really bright strong bore. These pistols were very well-made with a pop-up front-sight (indicating whether or not the chamber was loaded) and a unique method of takedown by pulling down the rear of the triggerguard. Markings consist of AUTOMATIC PISTOL "MARTIAN" / CAL 7.65mm on left side of the slide, with serial # rendered as B.O.P.E. 3102, black checkered bakelite grips (the right one chipped) embossed with MARTIAN. Magazine lacks innards, else functional. No import-marks, scarce. PHOTO . . . $225. C&R

RobC in Missouri

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/9/03 7:55:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bob in Stl - some Spanish steel for you
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah, I heard about those. I don't have a copy of my license on file with Empire, but it is going out to them now! I'll be ready the next time -----