Bob! Need help with Spanish Pot Metal!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 10:05:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Bob! Need help with Spanish Pot Metal!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    .32 ACP single action pistol. Looks like a cross between a PPK/S and a Sauer 38. Slide markings are:

LEFT SIDE OF SLIDE:

FA inside circle (looks like a peace sign) FAST
    CAL .32 (7,65MM) / EIBAR SPAIN

RIGHT SIDE OF SLIDE:

MADE IN SPAIN

No importers marks that we can find.... Need some clues as to where I can find grips or what grips I might be able to retrofit.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 10:10:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Bob! Need help with Spanish Pot Metal!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never mind, got it. Echave Y Arizmendi FAST, post civil war gun. Still could use some ideas about grips...

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 1/25/03 1:26:44 pm

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 9:13:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bob! Need help with Spanish Pot Metal!
    Echasa was one of the four firms (other than Llama, Astra, and Star) allowed by Franco to continue making handguns after the civil war. Most of these I have seen have been 1950s to 1970s vintage.

Lets see, grips --- seems like I saw something on one of the auction sites (Auction Arms or GunBroker) recently, but that may have been magazines I saw. You might want to check with SARCO - they seem to have a lot of Spanish pistol grips.

I would have recommended checking with Vintage Grips (Vintagegrips.com) but the last time I checked their web site was closed down.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/25/03 9:19:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Bob! Need help with Spanish Pot Metal!
    Vintage sleeps with the fishes. There are some repro grips out there that are catalogued just as "Echasa .32" without mention as to specific model. I'm hoping they are the same grip...