BobinStLouis help please?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/18/01 1:17:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All BobinStLouis help please?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How do I get the bolt back out of the .303 you sent me? It doesn't seem to work quite the same as the one I have - either that or I'm just a clutz.

Bob In St Louis
    (11/18/01 2:23:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: BobinStLouis help please?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK - pull the bolt back to a point where the fore portion of the bolt that rotates is lined up with a slot cut in the right side of the receiver right behind the site bridge. Rotate that fore portion of the bolt up with your finger from the side, then the bolt will clear the rest of the way back and out.

I think when you start playing with it and examine it, you will see what I am saying. I tried to avoid using the words "dohickey" and "thingy", although the thought crossed my mind.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

TallTLynn
    (11/18/01 2:39:17 pm)
    Okay that's how mine works - but for some reason it's not allowing me to rotate the end piece up.

Guess I'll keep trying - and believe me I've tried every variation I could think of.

I understand the doohicky thing real well - that's how I've learned to take the guns apart in the first place - my exboyfriend gave up using technical terms a hell of a long time ago (lol).

ps - before you think to ask - no I didn't get the bolts between the two rifles mixed up. The other .303 bolt has a bent handle?) because it is scoped.

Bob In St Louis
    (11/18/01 9:15:18 pm)
    HHmm - thats not sounding good. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find a diagram of the Enfield rifle with field stripping and bolt removal. There is a magazine that comes out periodically called "Surplus Firearms" - it is published by one of the other gun mags like Guns and Ammo, and they put one out about once every other year. I believe one of them has an excellent article on the Enfield rifles, I'll see if I can find it.

TallTLynn
    (11/18/01 9:27:13 pm)
    I got it - the one you sent me has a little deal that you have to push down before extracting the bolt. On mine you have to depress the trigger to make that one part of the bolt move.

Interesting to say the least - every single No 4, Mark I I've got my hands on lately - the bolt comes out differently.

Why can't they all do it the same!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob In St Louis
    (11/19/01 7:37:40 am)
    Sounds like your sporterized rifle has been modified to cock on closing. If not, the trigger group has been modified in some manner.