The Firearms Forum banner

Boewulf is coming home!!!

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ysacres 
#1 ·
The guy who bought it from me a year ago has lost interest in it. After having shot 2 deer and having to track them down he is fed up with it. Interestingly, I've not had a deer go more than 20 yards after being shot by it.
He was eyeing my AR47 (7.62x39) and wants it real bad. He asked if I would do an even trade. Sounds good to me, I'm getting tired of what I have and regret selling the Boewulf

#3 ·
Get ready for more of the same. It is officially MINE again. Seeing as how the barrel that mine was made from is no longer available I swear to never sell it. For the record that Satern barrel was $300+, heavy stainless .936 gas block. It cycles perfectly. Recoil is straight back with ZERO lift thanks to the Timber Creek custom muzzle brake. It's quite manageable also, about like a 12g 3" goose load.

To borrow a line from Men In Black, "The best of the best of the best". No AR15 barrel is bigger or better, no AR15 cartridge is bigger or has more ballistic energy. I currently load it with Lil Gun and 250gr FTX's. I'm looking into recipes to use the 500gr slugs I have collecting dust. I'm also thinking about casting for it.

It is mine and you can't have it. But I will let you shoot it

#13 ·
Black Friday while waiting to do afternoon hunt he drove up to me, got out of his truck with the rifle, opened my back door, tossed it on my back seat, grabbed my 7.62x39 AR and said "I'm sick of this thing. Every deer I shoot with it runs off. I'm taking this rifle on trade". The actual wording had a lot more color to it.

He is not the best shot. Saturday it took him 4 tries to hit a 2# can of Tannerite at 175 yards, and still missed with his 243. I nailed it first try with my 270. Last year I shot my deer at 70 yards with the Boewulf without even looking into the scope. She tipped over dead right there, instant. Rick said "****, you hit her!". He needs to spend a few days at the range with me and his rifle and an open mind
Larry, I knew that you would find it interesting.

Todd, it's not always about you, you know.

Reactions: ysacres
#10 ·
Black Friday while waiting to do afternoon hunt he drove up to me, got out of his truck with the rifle, opened my back door, tossed it on my back seat, grabbed my 7.62x39 AR and said "I'm sick of this thing. Every deer I shoot with it runs off. I'm taking this rifle on trade". The actual wording had a lot more color to it.

He is not the best shot. Saturday it took him 4 tries to hit a 2# can of Tannerite at 175 yards, and still missed with his 243. I nailed it first try with my 270. Last year I shot my deer at 70 yards with the Boewulf without even looking into the scope. She tipped over dead right there, instant. Rick said "****, you hit her!". He needs to spend a few days at the range with me and his rifle and an open mind

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.